Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #151
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I haven't looked at the API yet, too much of a backlog of tasks for libprs500, but I do plan to eventually add download support for both feedbooks and gutenberg to libprs500. That will have to wait for Qt 4.4 with Webkit support though, which should be released sometime early next year.
Did you have any luck adding Hadrian's Feedbooks download plugin to your LIBPRS500 GUI?

Thanks,
Fabian.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:25 PM   #152
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hadrian, have you made any updates to the Feedbooks Newsstand application, looks like I am running 1.0.0.0 still.

Thanks,
Fabian.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:04 PM   #153
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
A few yes, like the ability to add the date to the file, in order to archive instead of overwriting.
+ a few bug fixes

Been busy with many different features (Mobipocket, download guide for the Kindle etc...) lately.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 07:23 PM   #154
flamaest
Groupie

How would I get this updated version [so I don't have to bug you every time ]?

Thanks again,
Fabian.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:05 AM   #155
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamaest View Post
How would I get this updated version [so I don't have to bug you every time ]?

Thanks again,
Fabian.
Well officially, I haven't released this app yet. I'll add a few presets for the devices, and upload a new test version here.

Once it's officially launched (it'll depend on the improvements made to the RSS generation system), I'll create a full page dedicated to this software, along with a trac and a repository to distribute the sources. This way, any developer can play with the sources, and change/improve the software.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:26 PM   #156
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Here's an updated version of the app.
We fixed bugs, added an option to append the date to your file, and there's a few presets available depending on your device. I love the auto-sync, I simply plug in my device every morning and it syncs the content for me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip NewsStandSetup.zip (160.3 KB, 317 views)
Old 01-23-2008, 10:01 PM   #157
flamaest
Groupie

Awesome! I will download this now!

F.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #158
kinetic
kinetic began at the beginning.

Device: none currently
Can anyone help me ? I keep getting a status : login error within feedbooks app in Iliad.... I have registred within feedbooks.com and also confirmed my user.

Can this be something regarding wireless connectivity in iliad ? Should I need a script or something ?

Regards,

Kinetic
kinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:42 AM   #159
x5nder
x5nder began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I'm having trouble with the application. I installed the latest version, entered my device name (Sony PRS-505) and the correct drive letter, my login name and password and pressed sync. It tells me it has done a correct download, but the result is not a pdf-file.

If I open x5nder.pdf, I see regular html-info! See the attachment.

What could be the problem?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf x5nder.pdf (14.0 KB, 473 views)
x5nder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 11:06 AM   #160
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

In this case, the problem is on our side. Which RSS feed are you trying to generate ?
Old 03-26-2008, 11:51 AM   #161
x5nder
x5nder began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
In this case, the problem is on our side. Which RSS feed are you trying to generate ?
I made a newspaper with the name 'x5nder' and added three feeds to it:

http://www.feedbooks.com/feed/view/?...akers%2Fnieuws
http://www.feedbooks.com/feed/view/?...feeds%2Fnieuws
http://www.feedbooks.com/feed/view/?...Fpcmweb_nieuws
x5nder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:23 PM   #162
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder

Ok, it's just a speed issue (haven't found any time yet to implement a cache system).
Add the 3 feeds separately to your subscriptions and it'll work fine.