Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #511
Margrete
Connoisseur
Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.Margrete is less competitive than you.

Device: pixelar ebookreader (Hanlin V3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
The filename probably does not have the ".PRC" extension. Just rename the file to end in ".PRC".
You should also be able to download the book from your bookshelf now (the extra verification should be gone after downloading the book once).
I'll try, and I'll check it out

edited to add:

it has a .prc extension,

the verification is gone, and it works after downloading again without hidemyass, thanks for the info

still curious about why the first one I downloaded won't open. It's probably going to annoy me untill I find a solution.

Last edited by Margrete; 11-09-2009 at 04:39 PM.
Margrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:43 PM   #512
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Some companies, such as Adobe and Microsoft, won't deal with you if you have a foreign ISP.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #513
mikelvdb
Enthusiast
mikelvdb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikelvdb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikelvdb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: cybook gen3, cybook opus, sony prs-350, sony prs-t1
For us europeans:
http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...FormSubmit.y=6
mikelvdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:14 AM   #514
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Europeans sites have two problems: price (I can't ignore it, ok, I pay a bit more) and availability. This last is the biggest problems, at least according to the books I buy.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:48 AM   #515
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Now, when a book is geographically restricted at Fictionwise, I go to Diesel-ebooks.com to see if that's the case... and though I don't have the same rebate there, at least almost each time it's not restricted !
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2009, 03:26 PM   #516
GreyCat
Enthusiast
GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 & Opus, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
I had a look at Waterstone.com. Am I understanding it correct that they only sell ePub? As far as I know there is no ePub firmware for the Gen3 yet (or did the week with two Mondays come already? ). Do british publishers buy the rights for english language books for all of Europe? So if there are geographic restrictions they should be for non-European countries?

Anyway can anyone tell me how you can see if there are geographic restrictions on books at BooksOnBoard or Diesel? I checked a few books that have GR on Fictionwise, but couldn't see any on the other stores. Am I blind or did I just not look in the right place?

I have also been looking into if there are any possibilties of getting an american debit or credit card, but it looks difficult.
GreyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:23 AM   #517
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyCat View Post
I had a look at Waterstone.com. Am I understanding it correct that they only sell ePub? As far as I know there is no ePub firmware for the Gen3 yet (or did the week with two Mondays come already? ). Do british publishers buy the rights for english language books for all of Europe? So if there are geographic restrictions they should be for non-European countries?

Anyway can anyone tell me how you can see if there are geographic restrictions on books at BooksOnBoard or Diesel? I checked a few books that have GR on Fictionwise, but couldn't see any on the other stores. Am I blind or did I just not look in the right place?

I have also been looking into if there are any possibilties of getting an american debit or credit card, but it looks difficult.
Your best choices are Amazon (you can still get around the restrictions but be careful not to buy Topaz books) and Epub (Sony will switch to EPub at the end of this year, too). Both involve De-DRMing. Fictionwise seems to be quite expensive, anyway.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:06 AM   #518
GreyCat
Enthusiast
GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.GreyCat once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Cybook Gen3 & Opus, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1
I already liberate all the boks I buy, but would prefer to stay with Mobipocket until I get a reader with ePub capabilities (less work, plus instant access if I decide to buy a book right before I leave for my commute). Anyway I thought Amazon only sold to Kindle owners?
GreyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:04 AM   #519
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClintBrauer View Post
Then stop buying from them if they don't care about you. We've got a lot of books at CyberRead and we'll do our best to take care of you.

Also, I think you'll find that our prices are pretty competitive now.

Clint Brauer
General Manager
CyberRead.com
Any discount coupons you might be able to pass on to MR users?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:45 AM   #520
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyCat View Post
Anyway I thought Amazon only sold to Kindle owners?
At the moment the Kindle app for iphone and ipod touch works, with the PC for Kindle we cannot liberate the books yet.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #521
ClintBrauer
Enthusiast
ClintBrauer doesn't litterClintBrauer doesn't litterClintBrauer doesn't litter

Device: Readius
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Any discount coupons you might be able to pass on to MR users?
Yup!

Here's a code for 15% off an order at CyberRead.com that will work until 11/22.

I know that's less than our usual sales, but we've lowered our prices significantly and are still sorting through pricing. On our last sale I lost my shirt!

The code is: MOBILE2

Please keep in mind that for each title you review on CyberRead.com, you will receive a 40% discount code. Only takes a few minutes to create and submit a review!
ClintBrauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #522
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Please keep in mind that for each title you review on CyberRead.com, you will receive a 40% discount code. Only takes a few minutes to create and submit a review!
Thanks for this info - but perhaps you should mention it's only for the first 9 reviews
Also, the offer is quite well hidden at the bottom of the front page - I don't scroll down when I access the start page, I go directly to the search box. Have you thought about moving the link to the top at least temporarily? Perhaps even in the vicinity of the search box.

This is a great offer, especially since the review input form and the whole process is so easy and sophisticated as it is. I was quite impressed. It's really easy to put an informative review together, even if you cant think of a lot to say.

A question. I's stated that you'll: "... give you 40% off your next order of up to 9 ebooks!"
Does that mean one, single order of up to 9 books, or just on 9 books over multiple orders?
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:12 AM   #523
ClintBrauer
Enthusiast

Ea - Good suggestions on our design. Agree with you completely. I'm wanting to tackle the home page design...but honestly we've got some other stuff to fix first to make ebooks much simpler for "newbies". Too much confusion right now.

The intent is that you can use your 40% discount on one order. That order can contain up to 9 books.

There is no limit on reviews. However, I'm not sure if I'll keep it at 40% into perpetuity. But for now that's definitely the offer.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:42 AM   #524
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Ea - Good suggestions on our design. Agree with you completely. I'm wanting to tackle the home page design...but honestly we've got some other stuff to fix first to make ebooks much simpler for "newbies". Too much confusion right now.

The intent is that you can use your 40% discount on one order. That order can contain up to 9 books.

There is no limit on reviews. However, I'm not sure if I'll keep it at 40% into perpetuity. But for now that's definitely the offer.
Okayyy.... do I then receive a code for each review? Or is this a sort of one time offer?

BTW, I reviewed two books on the 15th, and sent the reviews to verification. I know you may be busy, but how long do you think it will take?
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:46 AM   #525
ClintBrauer
Enthusiast

Ea - went to send you the codes yesterday and we are tweaking our code system. Should have them to you on Monday.