Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-28-2008, 09:02 AM   #31
Ret
Connoisseur
Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ret has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

My flashing worked ok Thanks!
So, to power my 505 off I have to press the ENTER button for 5 secs? coz I do that and nothing happens until I press any other button and the screen turns blank. Is that ok?
Ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:03 AM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookbinder View Post
Jon,
I'd like to make button "1" a page-turn button. Is it possible with this hack?
Yes, it is possible to make the 1 key a page forward button. And you can also then make the 1 key when held do what the 1 key normally does on a regular press. I can make this mod, but again it's use at your own risk.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2008, 09:04 AM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
For those who cannot get the image to install, I have no idea why it's not working. One one 505 I tried, I got a -56 error in the log and on another it worked fine. Then I applied the hack to my 505 and it went without a hitch.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 09:16 AM   #34
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
For those who cannot get the image to install, I have no idea why it's not working. One one 505 I tried, I got a -56 error in the log and on another it worked fine. Then I applied the hack to my 505 and it went without a hitch.
Is the fellow who wrote the flashing software still around?
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #35
wmrawls
Connoisseur
wmrawls began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Dell Axim X50V
Worked great. Thanks for sharing
wmrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2008, 03:39 AM   #36
kfarmer
Gizzzzmo Nerd
kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kfarmer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
I too was encountering the FSK error. However, taking a cue from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=67, I created a /tmp directory at the root of my 505, and tried again.

Worked fine.

Hope this helps...

Last edited by kfarmer; 04-29-2008 at 03:40 AM. Reason: typo
kfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:17 AM   #37
davidw89
Connoisseur
davidw89 began at the beginning.

Device: none atm
Hey JSWolf, the font looks way better!!! Whats do you plan to do next with it?
davidw89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:44 AM   #38
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
I've modified the image for the 505 hack image that gives you the unified font, the new icons, and the clock. I've modified it so instead of having to go find the advanced option to actually turn off the 505, you can do it from anyplace by just holding the enter button down for about 5 seconds. if anyone wants this, I can attach it here if it's not too large.
Are there examples or screenshots of the font in the forums here somewhere that we can look at before committing to the installation?
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #39
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
I used to use one of the other images available on the web that turned the joystick into a page turner. I would love to incorporate this hack with your file.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:50 AM   #40
stepanok
Connoisseur
stepanok began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
Quote:
Yes, it is possible to make the 1 key a page forward button. And you can also then make the 1 key when held do what the 1 key normally does on a regular press. I can make this mod, but again it's use at your own risk.
hi
i was wodering...does the hack make the 1 key a page forward button by default....or do i need to do something else to achieve that????
thankkkssss
stepanok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:43 AM   #41
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfarmer View Post
I too was encountering the FSK error. However, taking a cue from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...7&postcount=67, I created a /tmp directory at the root of my 505, and tried again.
This fixed my problem. I wonder if formatting internal memory wiped out a temp dir?
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #42
horseyride
Enthusiast
horseyride began at the beginning.

Device: none
Worked great, thanks. Made sure I had /tmp before I started.
horseyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #43
growat
growat began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thanks

Had the 505 for a little over 24 hours and not having the clock visible while reading was the first thing I was wondering about. Your hack looks great.

Total n00b question. Is the clock always in 24 hour time?

Thanks,
Graham
growat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:20 PM   #44
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
Thank you, thank you thank you so much for this. I had read up on the hacks but never had an easy way to apply them, this rules!! Should make this sticky or something.
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #45
sealbeater
Banned
sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sealbeater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 : Onyx Boox Max : Sony PRS-900 : Onyx Kepler Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by growat View Post
Had the 505 for a little over 24 hours and not having the clock visible while reading was the first thing I was wondering about. Your hack looks great.

Total n00b question. Is the clock always in 24 hour time?

Thanks,
Graham
I was wondering about that too, apparently if you go into Settings and About, you can change the clock setting from 12/24 by pressing 0.
sealbeater is offline   Reply With Quote