Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-29-2007, 04:40 PM   #31
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beartard View Post
Just in case anyone should ask, I haven't been successful at getting HackBuilder to run in Linux under WINE. On first run, it says to install the Windows version of Mono (the .NET layer) but after an install, the app still refuses to load. I got my reader hacked til my heart's content, but just in case anyone using a Unix-like OS wonders, you'll either have to diff the files yourself or run a virtual Windows session.
Hm. I wish I still had a linbox around. Do you know what the version of .NET is that Mono supports?
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 10:45 PM   #32
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
...ignore my bad post.. fast fingers..

F.

Last edited by flamaest; 08-29-2007 at 10:50 PM.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2007, 05:17 AM   #33
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
Hm. I wish I still had a linbox around. Do you know what the version of .NET is that Mono supports?
Until I installed the winMono, I hadn't used a .NET/mono app. I couldn't say which version it uses.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:40 AM   #34
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
I'm not sure of the version, but this is the error I get when I try to run it under Mono in Ubuntu

Quote:
mono HackBuilder.exe

** (HackBuilder.exe:28775): WARNING **: Missing method System.Windows.Forms.ToolTip::set_ToolTipTitle(str ing) in assembly /usr/lib/mono/gac/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll, referenced in assembly /home/aboeglin/Desktop/HackBuilder1.01.zip_FILES/HackBuilder.exe

Unhandled Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Windows.Forms.ToolTip.set_ToolTipTitle'.
at <0x00000> <unknown method>
at HackBuilder.Form1..ctor () [0x00000]
at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) HackBuilder.Form1:.ctor ()
at HackBuilder.Program.Main () [0x00000]
I wonder if you get rid of the "set_ToolTipTitle" function if the program will run...
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:45 PM   #35
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

I posted a new version that will hopefully fix the mono issue. I removed a rogue tooltip object which didn't have the set function described above.

Adam, would you please try out that version and let me know if it works. If it doesn't, and the error is different, please post the new error message.
Advert
Old 08-30-2007, 02:54 PM   #36
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
It Works.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	672
Size:	427.1 KB
ID:	5158  
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 02:57 PM   #37
Nogg
Literate!

Awesome, thanks!
Old 08-30-2007, 06:04 PM   #38
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Thanks from the mono-ignorant around here. I didn't even have the Linux version installed (didn't know it could run Windows-compiled .NET apps). I tried installing the Windows version under WINE. ;-)
Old 08-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamaest View Post
Another option would be to have someone else run the program for you [using your hack button requirments] and send you all the files in a zip file to be dropped into a memory stick.

F.
Make that SD. Let's not go supporting Memory Stick.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:53 PM   #40
Wyle E Coyote
Wyle E Coyote began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Okay, question for you guys: Will updating to Sony's newest version of firmware impeed my ability to run hackbuilder on my PRS-500?

I had a problem with the reader returning from sleep mode and the firmware supposedly fixes this issue. It only happened once though so I'm not about to give up my chance to add hacks just to avoid a cold boot every now and then. Has someone updated with the new sony firmware...any complaints/downsides?

Thanks!
Wyle E Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:55 PM   #41
Nogg
Literate!

Hack Builder is completely compatible with the latest firmware. I actually was already upgraded before I even began work on it, so really it's the previous versions that are in question.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #42
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
Quote:
Hack Builder is completely compatible with the latest firmware. I actually was already upgraded before I even began work on it, so really it's the previous versions that are in question.
Agreed, it worked perfectly for me too when using the latest Sony firmware..

F.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 08:49 PM   #43
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
This worked so well! Thanks to all the people involved in figuring this all out! I have added the clock (always wanted that), remaped menu to next page (much more natural for me), and added the direct page hack (now I won't loose my place by mistake and can go somewhere on purpose). This really does remove most of the nits I had with the way my reader worked. Very sweet!!

-Greg

PS - I suppose I should also thank Sony for making this thing hackable =)

PPS - Now my only wory is that a new firmware will come out that interferes with this now essential new config. I suppose the answer is don't upgrade firmware if that happend because everything is working very well right now!
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:55 PM   #44
beartard
Minister of Linux

I don't think Sony is going to do anything sweepingly revolutionary with firmware. It should just be a matter of re-flashing your hacks after the firmware upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
This worked so well! Thanks to all the people involved in figuring this all out! I have added the clock (always wanted that), remaped menu to next page (much more natural for me), and added the direct page hack (now I won't loose my place by mistake and can go somewhere on purpose). This really does remove most of the nits I had with the way my reader worked. Very sweet!!

-Greg

PS - I suppose I should also thank Sony for making this thing hackable =)

PPS - Now my only wory is that a new firmware will come out that interferes with this now essential new config. I suppose the answer is don't upgrade firmware if that happend because everything is working very well right now!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:38 PM   #45
mdhuang
Bookworm
mdhuang doesn't littermdhuang doesn't litter

Device: Sony CLIE NX80V, PRS-500
I have installed Chinese fonts and the clock using a package of the flasher somebody created on HIPDA forum. If I install hacks here, is it going to overwrite what I already have? I really like the direct page control hack. Thanks!
mdhuang is offline   Reply With Quote