Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 04:58 PM   #196
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
Thank you for help. You got mail!
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 11:13 PM   #197
Akumag2
Enthusiast
Akumag2 began at the beginning.

Great tool, had trouble compiling my own using the universal flasher, got the error that needed me to remove some books.
Only thing that went wrong was it removed every book mark from my current book only those from the previous 2 survived and according to the "continue reading" I was still reading the previous book, lucky I wrote down what page I was on.

Love the clock, the toggle page turn and the new fonts/small menu text.

One question though, Ive seen it repeated on the forum but cannot find what it is, what exactly is the "direct page control"?
Akumag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2009, 01:59 AM   #198
flamaest
Groupie
flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.flamaest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-500
"direct page control" is where you can just push the number buttons on the prs-500 and jump straight to a page number.

F.
flamaest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #199
Fallen angel
Time Vortex Manipulator
Fallen angel began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I didn't have my PRS-500 updated for a really long time now. I just noticed (kinda late I suppose :P) that there is a firmware update that also supports epub format?

I'm only anxious whether there is a possibility of a conflict due to the hacks installed?
Fallen angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:20 PM   #200
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen angel View Post
I didn't have my PRS-500 updated for a really long time now. I just noticed (kinda late I suppose :P) that there is a firmware update that also supports epub format?

I'm only anxious whether there is a possibility of a conflict due to the hacks installed?
The EPUB related firmware update is detailed here. It must be sent off to the US to receive the firmware update. It wipes over any hacks, generally leaving the books on the device intact.
The firmware is radically different to the old firmware; it adds 64 bit support, removing the need for USB drivers.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2009, 03:35 AM   #201
NetVicious
NetVicious began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
WTF! Why they don't release one pre-update to prepare the device to get the new update with all the changes ?

The Sony Reader it's not sold in a lot of countries and I'm sure Sony knows a lot of people it's buying the device from these countries and they will not send they his devices for this update.
NetVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:53 AM   #202
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetVicious View Post
WTF! Why they don't release one pre-update to prepare the device to get the new update with all the changes ?

The Sony Reader it's not sold in a lot of countries and I'm sure Sony knows a lot of people it's buying the device from these countries and they will not send they his devices for this update.
I cannot comment with concrete information about your former point, but the latter: I got mine updated from Australia for the cost of shipping it to the US
If people won't send their PRS-500 in, that is their prerogative.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:58 AM   #203
metalheadmalta
metalheadmalta has a spectacular aura aboutmetalheadmalta has a spectacular aura aboutmetalheadmalta has a spectacular aura aboutmetalheadmalta has a spectacular aura aboutmetalheadmalta has a spectacular aura aboutmetalheadmalta has a spectacular aura aboutmetalheadmalta has a spectacular aura aboutmetalheadmalta has a spectacular aura aboutmetalheadmalta has a spectacular aura aboutmetalheadmalta has a spectacular aura aboutmetalheadmalta has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi and iPad, (via Sony PRS-500 , iPhone , HP iPaq3700 )
Simple to use and helpful...

The lure of a clock and joystick turns was simply too good to resist. With the advent of mobile phones that are practically always close to you has stopped me from wearing a watch, so having a clock on the reader is great!

It was very easy to install. It would be wise to remember to remove the SDCARD or its' contents after you have flashed it, otherwise the flasher will keep on running (naturally).

Just remove the card after the device reboots.
metalheadmalta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:27 AM   #204
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
"WTF?" Could try reading the thread... the 500 update requires HARDWARE changes that are not user installable... this FW update is NOT just a FW update... your choice... update or replace but those who've had it done seem to have only paid shipping so, depending on where you are, it might be a better deal to replace than ship...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetVicious View Post

Last edited by elcreative; 05-16-2011 at 04:43 PM.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #205
sengian
Zealot
sengian doesn't littersengian doesn't litter

Device: PRS-T1;PRS-650;PocketBook Touch Lux 2
I think it is safe to assume than 2 years later that is no longer a hot issue
sengian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:08 PM   #206
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If you have a 500 and it does not handle ePub, contact Sony about getting it updated to handle ePub. That will make the 500 more usable. The hacks in this thread are not compatible with the ePub firmware. And with that said, can a mod please close this thread?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote