Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-17-2007, 04:52 PM   #61
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
Haha, yeah exactly, but I maintain that I posted that idea earlier in the same thread, though not quite as eloquently it seems.
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:59 PM   #62
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
Haha, yeah exactly, but I maintain that I posted that idea earlier in the same thread, though not quite as eloquently it seems.
I thought so! Indeed you came up with a similar idea only I understood from that post to make an extra function inside applicationStart.xml that is being called by the original "doLeft" for example. Sorry if I misunderstood.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2007, 05:04 PM   #63
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Haha! No problem

Once I'm done, should I post a new version of my own file with other hacks, or should I post a virgin file with just my changes to the DPC, or should I just send the changes to you diablo for inclusion on the main hacks page?
Old 08-17-2007, 05:18 PM   #64
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Haha! No problem

Once I'm done, should I post a new version of my own file with other hacks, or should I post a virgin file with just my changes to the DPC, or should I just send the changes to you diablo for inclusion on the main hacks page?
I think for now it's best to post a file that has DPC, clock and your modification inside. The problem is that I can't post any more files because the maximum is 18. I hope Alex can help with this.

Next to that, I rather add it as a new hack because in that way people can choose (although I'm pretty sure they would choose your mod)

The request to add other hacks in that file will come, believe me.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:31 PM   #65
Nogg
Literate!

Will do
Advert
Old 08-17-2007, 10:59 PM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL View Post
I think for now it's best to post a file that has DPC, clock and your modification inside. The problem is that I can't post any more files because the maximum is 18. I hope Alex can help with this.

Next to that, I rather add it as a new hack because in that way people can choose (although I'm pretty sure they would choose your mod)

The request to add other hacks in that file will come, believe me.
just take the second post you've made in this thread and convert it to more attachments.

You know my hacks are #16 (I think) and yes, I'd want this new one added to #16.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:07 PM   #67
jaffer1979
Enthusiast
jaffer1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: SonyPrs-500/Palm T|X
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL View Post
You're more than welcome. MobileRead is a great forum with very nice and helpful people. So I like to take the opportunity to say welcome!

Thanks I love ebooks I switch back an fourth between the Palm T|X and the prs-500 and think this is going to be a great place for both!
jaffer1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 12:27 AM   #68
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
A minor quibble about the clock:

00:22 = 12:22 am, not pm (at least for me)

Not that it really matters, but can this be changed?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:07 AM   #69
ns66
Connoisseur
ns66 doesn't litterns66 doesn't litter

Device: sony reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
A minor quibble about the clock:

00:22 = 12:22 am, not pm (at least for me)

Not that it really matters, but can this be changed?
in diablo's direct page hack thread there's a fix on that

@nogg if use ent as page enter (which is nice), how do we do the "cancel"

edit: how about if we enter more than 4 digits, it cancels, that should work

Last edited by ns66; 08-18-2007 at 03:10 AM.
ns66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 03:26 AM   #70
Nogg
Literate!

I've left the rest of it the same, so the cancel will remain as is, unless someone has a better idea.

Everywhere the cancel happens, I'm unsetting the enter flag, so the functionality should remain there as well. I'll make sure to double-check in my final testing.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:57 PM   #71
ns66
Connoisseur

Quote:
I've left the rest of it the same, so the cancel will remain as is, unless someone has a better idea.

Everywhere the cancel happens, I'm unsetting the enter flag, so the functionality should remain there as well. I'll make sure to double-check in my final testing.
the thing is, the old way of cancel is hold page back button for 5 secs, my understanding is using ent to save the "hold page forward/back" to 10 pages functionalities on the disc button, if you keep the old way of cancel, we only got 10 page foward, not the 10 page back, i'd think it's better to revert both to original, and use ent as enter, if we made mistake, just hit more digit buttons to reset
Old 08-18-2007, 01:16 PM   #72
Nogg
Literate!

To be honest, I don't know why you'd want the 10 page skip when you have direct page control, but freeing up the spots is probably pretty useful. I'll take a look at actually canceling instead of starting over after 4 digits.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:50 PM   #73
ns66
Connoisseur

direct page is nice but takes many button hits to complete, if you are within 10-20 pages 1 click is sure more convenient imho
Old 08-18-2007, 04:32 PM   #74
Nogg
Literate!

Ok, it's posted in a new thread in the Developer's Corner. Enjoy!
Old 08-21-2007, 07:06 PM   #75
vstefanyuk
Connoisseur
vstefanyuk began at the beginning.

"Total pages counter inside book"

Can someone explain what hack specified in subject means? Can't catch it. When reading the book there is already current page and amount of pages, so what "Total pages counter inside book" means?
vstefanyuk is offline   Reply With Quote