Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Now that we can get stuff on the reader for the reader to use, would it be possible to add more book formats? I would love to have LIT format on there. No need for it to handle DRM as CLIT strips that anyway.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:24 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now all I need to do is get a card reader so I can install the software. The one i have is too old and does not support SD cards.
Advert
Old 05-17-2007, 05:54 PM   #33
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Yes, it's possible to add support for other formats. Not easy, but possible. (No, I don't have anything working yet.)
I think it might be a good idea to start a wiki page with a list of all the possible hacks...
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:18 PM   #34
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The software request list we started and addressed to Sony might be a good place to begin.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #35
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
I really like this universal flasher because I finally can tweak some things to my likeings.

So now I can flip pages with the joystick and I changed the font size for the book index and menu so I can see the longer titles complete. Also it gives a cleaner look than when you have a short book title with a bigger font and a long book title with a smaller font.

See the picture how it looks now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAGE_00031.jpg
Views:	1304
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	3553  

Last edited by diabloNL; 05-17-2007 at 08:28 PM.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2007, 08:01 PM   #36
each
Connoisseur
each has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 650/iRex iLiad
Great job!
I have a question: is it possible to add built-in fonts for Asian language, such as Chinese. Any restrictions on the file size of these fonts?
each is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:25 PM   #37
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Complete size of the /opt filesystem image cannot exceed 7 megabytes. The script checks that and will tell you if it becomes too big. (Well, it should. I haven't actually tried making a big image myself.)
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:47 PM   #38
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I'm sensing an near future need for a place to trade customized filesystem images, and maybe pieces of them.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:39 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
I really like this universal flasher because I finally can tweak some things to my likeings.

So now I can flip pages with the joystick and I changed the font size for the book index and menu so I can see the longer titles complete. Also it gives a cleaner look than when you have a short book title with a bigger font and a long book title with a smaller font.

See the picture how it looks now.
Mind posting this mod please? Thanks! One thing that you could fix if you get a chance.. the table of contents. I don't like how it uses different font sizes depenind on how long the title in question is. I'd rather it all be the same size.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:51 AM   #40
pitolee
Connoisseur
pitolee began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Yes, diabloNL - I also would love to try your mod... would you mind posting it?

I think this flasher merits its own wiki page... the same as the Book Designer does.

Well DONE!
pitolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:26 AM   #41
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I have successfully flashed my Reader with Igorsk tool and DiabloNL's joystick mod. The clock is great but being able to turn the pages with the joystick is what really sold me on trying this tool. Well done!
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:29 AM   #42
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
Mind posting this mod please? Thanks! One thing that you could fix if you get a chance.. the table of contents. I don't like how it uses different font sizes depenind on how long the title in question is. I'd rather it all be the same size.

Also the TOC will show the same font size (18) for all items like big and small titles.

To get this replace the \files\opt\sony\ebook\application\resources\script s\main.xml with the one attached. You can change the size in this file to your likings if you don't like the size 18. I made some comments in the source where I have changed it. But only change the size yourself if you know what you are doing! Yesterday I made a typo and bricked mine. Luckily it has recovered doing the "ten times reset" method and upgrading with the original firmware tool.

The attached file I tested myself and works fine.

Again I feel the need to thank Igor for giving us this great tool! (karma hint)
Attached Files
File Type: xml main.xml (38.4 KB, 1046 views)
Old 05-18-2007, 05:29 AM   #43
AndyQ
Enthusiast
AndyQ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina
I have successfully flashed my Reader with Igorsk tool and DiabloNL's joystick mod. The clock is great but being able to turn the pages with the joystick is what really sold me on trying this tool. Well done!
Indeed, I'd like to echo a very Well Done Igorsk!
AndyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:43 AM   #44
AndyQ
Enthusiast
AndyQ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Just noticed that the clock is an hour out (I'm in the UK), any idea how to move it to the correct time?
AndyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 05:44 AM   #45
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyQ
Just noticed that the clock is an hour out (I'm in the UK), any idea how to move it to the correct time?

If you connect it to your PC and run the connect software it will sync. with the time on your PC.