Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2007, 05:05 PM   #16
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
Hm, I guess I'll have to test it myself then...

Can it be the SD card?
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:18 PM   #17
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Well, I upgraded the firmware and the script worked just the same. Can you try downloading /Data/tmp/make_fs.log from the Reader using ebook.py? Something like this:
ebook.py get /Data/tmp/make_fs.log
It seems there was some error copying stat_fs, maybe there is something in the log file...
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2007, 05:31 PM   #18
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Just to confirm it's correct:

Quote:
1) Extract the zip onto a flash card, keeping the directory structure. It's
best to use a card with not many files on it so that Reader can scan it quickly.
N.B. readme.txt should be in the root of the card, not in any subdirectory!
2) Insert the card in Reader.
3) Wait until the "Run Script" screen appears.
4) Press 5. Wait for the success message (the process will take about one to
two minutes).
5) Press 6. Wait for the success message.
6) Press 9 to reboot.
7) Extract the card.
What does option 3 (run script.sh) do?
Old 05-16-2007, 05:33 PM   #19
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Option 3 runs a demo script from the script.sh file, it's not really related to the firmware update process.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:59 AM   #20
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Well, I upgraded the firmware and the script worked just the same. Can you try downloading /Data/tmp/make_fs.log from the Reader using ebook.py? Something like this:
ebook.py get /Data/tmp/make_fs.log
It seems there was some error copying stat_fs, maybe there is something in the log file...

I will try that tonight. I tried it also with a MS and also it doesn't work.

Thanks Igor!
Advert
Old 05-17-2007, 08:29 AM   #21
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
This is awesome! Now maybe someone can build in a "Remove Book" option to the Tools section of the menu.

Thanks for the post igorsk!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 12:16 PM   #22
Dave Berk
Fanatic
Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.Dave Berk can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PRS505
Thank you very much igorsk.
Somehow I'm pretty sure we'll soon see another firmware update from Sony...
Dave Berk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:35 PM   #23
igorsk
Wizard

Okay, now I really upgraded to the new firmware and I can reproduce the problem. Fix will be available soon.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:15 PM   #24
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Okay, now I really upgraded to the new firmware and I can reproduce the problem. Fix will be available soon.

What did you do the first time than? Just changed the firmware number?

Anyway, I look forward to the fix because I have great plans with modding my Reader.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:24 PM   #25
igorsk
Wizard

I didn't flash the root fs the first time, only /opt.
Version 1.2: support for firmware version 1.0.02.01300
Old 05-17-2007, 02:26 PM   #26
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Cool, thanks a lot! 8)
Old 05-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #27
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Would this also work with a Sony Memory Stick or is it restricted to SD cards only?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:56 PM   #28
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

This is so great. I just changed the left and right function on the joystick from history to "next" and "previous" function. So now I can flip with my right hand! 8)
Old 05-17-2007, 04:14 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL
This is so great. I just changed the left and right function on the joystick from history to "next" and "previous" function. So now I can flip with my right hand! 8)
Would you mind posting this hack please?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:35 PM   #30
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf
Would you mind posting this hack please?

No problem!

Just replace the \files\opt\sony\ebook\application\resources\applic ationStart.xml file on the SD card with the one attached and insert your card in the Reader.

Now do option 5 (make image) > option 6 (flash image) > option 9 (reboot) and your all set.
Attached Files
File Type: xml applicationStart.xml (3.6 KB, 1690 views)