Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 10:33 PM   #46
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Free from indies:

Horse Crazy by Susan Kiernan (San Marco Press)

Quote:
Product Description
Horse Crazy is part memoir and part how-to. It is a very funny perspective on the amazing process of loving, learning and caring for horses--well after the age most people begin! The book is a colorful step by step for the beginner rider, covering categories not found in your typical equine riding manual. Equal parts laughter and gathered wisdom--from New Zealand where the author was first introduced to riding to Atlanta where she bought her first horse--this book will bring a smile to veteran horseperson and nonrider, alike.
Reckless Magic (The Star-Crossed Series) by Rachel Higginson

Quote:
Product Description
16 year old Eden Matthews has been in and out of private schools for the last two years. She can't seem to stop herself from closing them down. Kingsley is her last chance to finish high school and the last private school willing to accept her. She is focused on just getting through graduation until she realizes Kingsley is not like the other private schools she's been to. The students may be different, but so is she. And after meeting Kiran Kendrick, the boy who won't leave her alone and seems to be the source of all of her problems, she is suddenly in a world that feels more make-believe than reality. To top it off, she is being hunted by men who want to kill Kiran and her best friend Lilly is taken away to a foreign prison. Eden finds herself right in the middle of an ancient war, threatening everything she loves. She alone has to find a way to save her best friend and the boy who has captivated her heart. Reckless is an intricate story about mystery, adventure, magic and forbidden love. Eden Matthews is an unlikely heroine determined to save the world and be with her one, true love before it's too late.
Scars Of Defiance by Lorena Angell

Quote:
Product Description
Paul Bronson’s family has housed defectors from the neighboring country ever since General Rawlings overthrew the favored monarchy thirty-years prior; several generations have been devoted to protecting the expatriates as they seek new lives away from the sadistic tyrant. The latest plane-load of refugees brings a beautiful young lady with a bounty on her head and a claim on Paul's heart.

Reginald Rawlings’ rule is crumbling and rumor brings word of an insurgent uprising. Desperate to regain his power, he feels the only way to calm the people is to have Princess Sierra Montgomery marry his son; thus placing the last survivor of the ousted royalty back in the palace. However, his plan goes awry when Sierra disappears with only four days to the wedding. The search is on for the missing princess and an infiltrator’s information puts all crosshairs on Paul’s new female refugee. The struggle to keep her safe and out of the enemy's hands will be the toughest thing Paul has ever done; for no one’s ever defied Gen. Rawlings’ fury and come out unscathed.
The Variant Effect by G. Wells Taylor

Quote:
Product Description
VARION was a popular medication that could cure anything from Anxiety and Depression to Schizophrenia and Zoophagia. Everybody took it back in the day, because there were no side effects... ...AT FIRST. By the time they learned about the Variant Effect it was too late.

The old building in a rundown part of Metro was a perfect place to find a body, but they wouldn't have dragged Joe Borland out of retirement if it still had its skin. It's been 20 years since Borland battled the Variant Effect, and 20 since he let his partner get skinned alive. Now both of them are ordered back into action to meet a terrifying new threat.
Discovery of Death (Blood of my World Novella One): A Paranormal Romance by A.P. Fuchs

Quote:
Product Description
"A refreshing teen fantasy full of bite, blood and romance." -- K. H. Koehler, author of Raiju

Zach and Rose had fallen in love during their sophomore year, their worlds completely changed and utterly belonging to each other’s. It was the first time either had fallen in love, deeply, purely. Aiming for a future together, plans were interrupted when Zach went missing for three long months, leaving Rose distraught, heartbroken and depressed.

Zach awakens in the dark of a coffin, his memory erased, his life and feelings for Rose forgotten. A strange group of people who identify themselves as his family reveal he has become a vampire, one of the undead, and is now a being with incredible power and a thirst for blood.

However, during Zach’s absence, Rose learns of her own secret heritage: she comes from a long line of vampire slayers, hellbent on eradicating the unholy threat of the undead from the face of the Earth. Now, not only does she need to try and get over the young man she loves, she must also come to terms with her new life and what that means for her future.

It is only when her path accidentally crosses with Zach’s does lost love begin to surface again.

Discovery of Death is an approximately 25,500-word novella that reveals secrets of the undead, the Slayer Order, and will touch your heart with a story that'll keep you up into the night.

Its sequels, Memories of Death and Life of Death, are available at the Kindle store.
In the Beginning (A unique Scifi Fantasy Story) (The Great Destruction Series) by Mrs. Melanie M. Ray

Quote:
Product Description
Bonus now included: The Legend and Risk, my short stories are now included in the back.

In the world of Pagnia, there is trouble brewing. With the help of a special mineral dubbed inhibitor, the citizens remain peaceful. Only one problem causes them to go against being pacifists. Pheromones. Since the race is so peaceful, the only protection needed is provided for women by guards whose sole purpose is to protect them. They are Protectors, and are bred and trained to go against their calm nature. They are not allowed to have any romantic relationship with a female, but are revered on their planet.

Unfortunately, with the weak will to fight this sets them on bad ground with their only enemy: Themselves. Through greed and temptation with the inhibitor their race had split into two and would one day cease to exist with genetics pulling each individual closer to a soulless pink-eyed rat tail.

Yed is an A class Protector, the highest on the scale. He's given a simple mission, to talk to a woman about settling down. He is conned by the king and finds out the woman was his childhood friend, Ezra. Having no idea what the King had in store for her, he demands to be her Protector.

The King reluctantly agrees, but if Yed reveals the kingdoms involvement, he will receive a painful death. Life gets tougher as forbidden feelings increase between him and Ezra. With this deadly secret lurking between them, and an overshadow of war always hanging overhead, will he be able to pull through?

You will find yourself laughing and loving these characters, waiting to find out how it ends. This is not a book for children, no matter how wonderful this world may appear on the surface. With an ending that will shock you into waiting for that next book, In the Beginning will not disappoint.
Short stories:

Sixty-7 (Family Secrets) by Aynoit Ashor

Zane's Tale: A Succubus Diaries Short by Jill Myles

Stolen (Bitten Series) by Merrill Gemus

3 Mindful Experiments: 3 Short Stories by Joshua Scribner

Suck My Darkness by Hercules Bantas (The Reluctant Geek)

Hunting the Vampire (Short Story) by Tim Morrell

The Hot Girl's Friend (Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories) by Lisa Scott

Ex On The Beach (Beach Flirts! 5 Romantic Short Stories Collection) by Lisa Scott

Jessamine by Barbara G.Tarn

Tracking Down Gruppenführer Kunitz (Simon Wolfe Mystery) by David Del Bourgo
Old 09-06-2011, 10:47 PM   #47
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods Series #1) by Melissa de la Cruz is $2.69 for the US Kindle (Disney Hyperion)

Quote:
Product Description
Schuyler Van Alen is confused about what is happening to her. Her veins are starting to turn blue, and she's starting to crave raw meat. Soon, her world is thrust into an intricate maze of secret societies and bitter intrigue. Schuyler has never been a part of the trendy crowd at her prestigious New York private school. Now, all of a sudden, Jack Force, the most popular guy in school, is showing an interest in her. And when one of the popular girls is found dead, Schuyler and Jack are determined to get to the bottom of it. Schuyler wants to find out the secrets of the mysterious Blue Bloods. But is she putting herself in danger? Melissa de la Cruz's vampire mythology, set against the glitzy backdrop of New York City, is a juicy and intoxicating read.
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 11:35 PM   #48
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Spider's Bite (Elemental Assassin, Book 1) by Jennifer Estep is $1.99 for the US Kindle (Simon and Schuster)

Quote:
Product Description
My name is Gin, and I kill people.

They call me the Spider. I'm the most feared assassin in the South -- when I'm not busy at the Pork Pit cooking up the best barbecue in Ashland. As a Stone elemental, I can hear everything from the whispers of the gravel beneath my feet to the vibrations of the soaring Appalachian Mountains above me. My Ice magic also comes in handy for making the occasional knife. But I don't use my powers on the job unless I absolutely have to. Call it professional pride.

Now that a ruthless Air elemental has double-crossed me and killed my handler, I'm out for revenge. And I'll exterminate anyone who gets in my way -- good or bad. I may look hot, but I'm still one of the bad guys. Which is why I'm in trouble, since irresistibly rugged Detective Donovan Caine has agreed to help me. The last thing this coldhearted killer needs when I'm battling a magic more powerful than my own is a sexy distraction...especially when Donovan wants me dead just as much as the enemy.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:10 AM   #49
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

FYI for those who couldn't pre-order (ex. lack of credit card) it before, Bright Young Things with Bonus Material by Anna Godbersen can now be downloaded for free
Old 09-07-2011, 03:02 AM   #50
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

The End of America by Naomi Wolf from CHELSEA GREEN PUBL CO ($2.79) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (Sept 7) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description
In a stunning indictment of the Bush administration and Congress, best-selling author Naomi Wolf lays out her case for saving American democracy. In authoritative research and documentation Wolf explains how events of the last six years parallel steps taken in the early years of the 20th century's worst dictatorships such as Germany, Russia, China, and Chile. The book cuts across political parties and ideologies and speaks directly to those among us who are concerned about the ever-tightening noose being placed around our liberties. In this timely call to arms, Naomi Wolf compels us to face the way our free America is under assault. She warns us with the straight-to-fellow-citizens urgency of one of Thomas Paines revolutionary pamphlets that we have little time to lose if our children are to live in real freedom. Recent history has profound lessons for us in the U.S. today about how fascist, totalitarian, and other repressive leaders seize and maintain power, especially in what were once democracies. The secret is that these leaders all tend to take very similar, parallel steps. The Founders of this nation were so deeply familiar with tyranny and the habits and practices of tyrants that they set up our checks and balances precisely out of fear of what is unfolding today. We are seeing these same kinds of tactics now closing down freedoms in America, turning our nation into something that in the near future could be quite other than the open society in which we grew up and learned to love liberty, states Wolf. Wolf is taking her message directly to the American people in the most accessible form and as part of a large national campaign to reach out to ordinary Americans about the dangers we face today. This includes a lecture and speaking tour, and being part of the nascent American Freedom Campaign, a grassroots effort to ensure that presidential candidates pledge to uphold the constitution and protect our liberties from further erosion. The End of America will shock, enrage, and motivatespurring us to act, as the Founders would have counted on us to do in a time such as this, as rebels and patriotsto save our liberty and defend our nation.
Advert
Old 09-07-2011, 03:09 AM   #51
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Now free for US Kindle:

Sweet Baklava by Debby Mayne

From Ashes to Honor (First Responders) by Loree Lough

You Can’t Do EVERYthing … So Do SOMEthing: Small Ways to Change the World by Shane Stanford

When all Hail Breaks Loose by Pat Day

A Time to Heal (Quilts of Lancaster County) by Barbara Cameron
Old 09-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #52
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
FYI - new kindle game

Memory Classic ($1.99), by JoyBits

Book Description
Memory Classic is a fun matching and memory game for Kindle.

In Memory Classic, you are challenged to find pairs of illustrations hidden beneath tiles on a game board. The game board starts at 2 tiles x 2 tiles for easy play, and progresses to 5x6 for a really challenging game.

There are three game modes with over 15 difficulty levels each. Take your time in Relaxed Mode, or race against the clock in Classic Mode. In the Arcade Mode you will need to clear the screen while new rows of tiles appear as the time passes. The leaderboard feature lets you compete against friends and family for the top spots in the Hall of Fame!

Stretch your memory with Memory Classic today.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #53
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Fatal Destiny by Marie Force (Carina Press)

Quote:
Product Description
With the week of their wedding finally upon them, Washington, D.C., Police Lieutenant Sam Holland and her fiancé, Senator Nick Cappuano, are at odds. In the aftermath of a tragic loss, they struggle to reconnect as the big day draws near, but their work keeps pulling them apart. When a new clue into a cold case surfaces, Nick asks Sam not to take any foolish chances before the wedding and to leave it alone for the time being.

Sam agrees, but she can't let it go entirely and winds up trapped in an explosive situation. Then an unwelcome visitor from her past threatens her future happiness… With trouble at every turn, will Sam survive long enough to walk down the aisle?

Book 3.5: a Fatal novella. Don't miss Fatal Affair, Fatal Justice and Fatal Consequences, available now.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:56 PM   #54
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

FYI, new Kindle apps:

Task List Professional (A Productivity Tool for Kindle) by Jujuba Software ($0.99)

Quote:
Product Description
Task List Professional is a handy tool to organize tasks both large and small.

You can use it to keep track of long term tasks, like filing taxes by a given date or changing the oil in your car. You can also create small daily checklists like groceries lists or things you need to do to prepare for your child's birthday party. You can assign a due date to any task and set or change its priority as appropriate. You can attach a text note to any task and easily turn this note in a checklist of tasks to be completed one-by-one.

Task List Professional can also be used as a note taking tool where notes can be organized into folders for ease of use.

Task List Professional is a versatile tool that can help you get organized today!
Timothy Parker's 50 Family Crossword Games Volume 1: Easy (A Word Puzzle for Kindle) by Premiere Digital Publishing ($1.99)

Quote:
Product Description
Timothy Parker's 50 Family Crosswords is great fun from the "World's Most Syndicated Puzzle Creator".

These clever, hand-crafted puzzles are designed to be enjoyed by the whole family. Although adults and kids can tackle these crosswords separately, the puzzles are intended to be shared. Clues that begin with (k) are specially authored for kids. Spend time with your little future puzzle masters in a fun, educational way.

The Timothy Parker Crossword app is built to enhance the puzzle experience and deliver hours of great crossword fun. Features include: Timothy Parker's special scoring and ranking system, dynamic viewing of puzzle clues, auto-save puzzle progress, quick-start entry into your last unfinished puzzle, and lots more.

Download this game today for the best family crossword experience on Kindle, and see how you measure up against the great Puzzle Master Timothy Parker.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:02 AM   #55
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Beautiful Creatures (Beautiful Creatures, Book 1) by Kami Garcia, Margaret Stohl from Little, Brown Books for Young Readers ($2.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (Sept 8) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description
There were no surprises in Gatlin County.
We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.
At least, that's what I thought.
Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.
There was a curse.
There was a girl.
And in the end, there was a grave.

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.

Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:03 PM   #56
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

FYI, new Kindle apps:

Contacts (A Contact Management Tool for Kindle) by A Gamz ($0.99)

Quote:
Product Description
Organize that stack of business cards and scribbled notes using Contacts for Kindle.

Contacts tracks names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, notes, and other information about people and companies. Once you store the information, it's easy to access with an easy to use Search feature. You can even combine several words like "Mike Chicago" to find all the Mikes you know in Chicago. You can also search for words in your free-form notes.

Contacts can store up to 1000 records, and supports multiple fields for many types of phone numbers, addresses, and email addresses, as well as organizations and titles. Already have your contacts on your computer but want to have them on the go? Contacts will import many vCard records from existing contact software and address books that use ANSI character vCards in either 2.1 or 3.0 vCard file format.

Contacts for Kindle is a handy way to make sure you always have important names and addresses with you wherever you go.
7 Dragons' Tips for Kindle (User Tips for Kindle) by 7 Dragons ($0.99)

Quote:
Product Description
Did you know that your Kindle can play music, read text to you, and display your own pictures? 7 Dragons' Tips for Kindle shows you how to do these things and more.

Tips for Kindle has over 100 useful tips, and every time you open Tips for Kindle you are shown a Featured Tip. You can browse through the Tips at your own pace, or use a slideshow mode that circles through the Tips for you. You can add the Tips you like most to a Favorites List so they're easy to look up quickly if you forget one. If you find a tip for Kindle elsewhere, you can type it in to Tips to become part of your Tips library.

Interested in getting even more from your Kindle? 7 Dragons' Tips for Kindle can show you how!
Old 09-08-2011, 10:29 PM   #57
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

FYI, currently just free for those in the UK

Summer of Fire (Yellowstone series) by Linda Jacobs (Medallion Press) (Amazon Main, Amazon UK)

Quote:
Product Description
It is 1988, and Yellowstone Park is on fire. Among the thousands of summer warriors battling to save America’s crown jewel, is single mother Clare Chance. Having just watched her best friend, a fellow Texas firefighter, die in a roof collapse, she has fled to Montana to try and put the memory behind her. She’s not the only one fighting personal demons as well as the fiery dragon threatening to consume the park. There’s Chris Deering, a Vietnam veteran helicopter pilot, seeking his next adrenaline high and a good time that doesn’t include his wife, and Ranger Steve Haywood, a man scarred by the loss of his wife and baby in a plane crash. They rally around Clare when tragedy strikes yet again, and she loses a young soldier to a firestorm. Three flawed, wounded people; one horrific blaze. Its tentacles are encircling the park, coming ever closer, threatening to cut them off. The landmark Old Faithful Inn and Park Headquarters at Mammoth are under siege, and now there’s a helicopter down, missing, somewhere in the path of the conflagration. And Clare’s daughter is on it.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:31 PM   #58
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

free from indies:

Work From Home - Choose Smart & Live the Dream by Christine Sutherland

Quote:
Product Description
With job security diminishing by the day, and families struggling under the stress of modern-day living, it seems everyone’s dream is to work from home. Yet an actual job worked from home is no more secure than any other job, and it’s estimated that over 90% of work from home or home business advertisements are scams or linked to scams.

This book details obvious and less obvious steps people can take to protect themselves, and to ensure they make the best choice possible from the 4 different ways to make money from home, choosing an option which is viable, which fits in with their lifestyle, and which has the best chance of being lucrative.

Author Christine Sutherland has a 37-year career history as a clinical researcher and business analyst, and shares the tips and the traps that can make or break your financial future.

Look inside for the high-quality giveaways that are yours just for reading, including the free support site for readers.
Bootscootin' Blahniks (The Bootscootin' Books) by D. D. Scott

Quote:
Product Description
Romantic Comedy writer D. D. Scott two-steps into your heart with book one of her debut series. It's Chick Lit, Gone-Country. Think Sex and the City meets Urban Cowboy.

Book Description:

Manhattan apparel designer Roxy Rae Vaughn, who's also a still-in-the-closet, country line dancing queen, wants to be a fashion success story. Tired of being nothing more than a Fifth Avenue up-and-comer, thanks to her elitist parents, Roxy moves to Nashville, Tennessee and opens a boutique in a local tractor supply store, the only retail space she can afford. Short on cash and way, way down on luck, she rear-ends a pick-up truck belonging to a tomato-growin', bootscootin' cowboy who is anything but the perfect fit for her career plans, although he is her ideal dance partner. Can Roxy accept that her best fit is on the dance floor moving to her own style and her cowboy's lead?

Tomato farmer by day and bootscootin' instructor by night Zayne McDonald doesn't give a damn about winning Nashville's heirloom tomato contest, even though his late father did. Zayne wants to honor his father, but what he really wants is to line dance his way to a winner's spotlight. When he and Roxy are discovered by a huge dance show producer, Zayne learns it's partnering with Roxy that's his winning hybrid mix. That is, if he can keep her and the tomato contest away from Beefsteak Jack Baudlin, the toughest tomato man in CMT country.
Bayne's Climb: Part I of The Sword of Bayne by Ty Johnston

Quote:
Product Description
Waking amid battle, the warrior Bayne has no recollection of his past, of his life, of himself. Believing the mad emperor-mage Verkanus holds the keys to his past, Bayne pursues the wizard across years and unto a mountain. Here, Bayne must climb to find Verkanus and to find himself, and among the crags are oddities and dangers never witnessed by lesser men.

In part an allegorical tale, the short novel Bayne’s Climb is the first part of The Sword of Bayne trilogy.

This short novel also takes place in the same world as the author’s Kobalos Trilogy, but nearly 2,000 years before the events of those books.
The Vampire's Heart (The Legion Legacy) by Cochin Breaker

Quote:
Product Description
When a nameless man pulls himself out of an unmarked grave, with no recollection of his past, bar a brief memory of his wedding day, he will do anything to find his wife. None will be safe.
When a young witch escapes captivity and falls in with a pair of undesirables, she will find herself falling deeper into darkness. Revenge will drive her.
When a vampire with a secret witnesses a terrible future, he will do everything in his power to stop it. Sacrifices have to be made.
When a goddess abandons her faithful and turns her back on those that need her, a change will begin. The world will turn on her.

Enter a world where a religious war is only one mistake away.
Traitor Blade - Book Two by Richard Crawford

Quote:
Product Description
The battle for the throne of Valderon has begun. Court politics have turned deadly. As plots unfurl, Edouard and Mariette find themselves on opposite sides, each caught in a fight against a ruthless enemy. Moved like pawns on a shadowed chessboard, unaware they are being played by a hidden master, and hunted by a creature of shadow that steals men's souls.

Blinded by grief, Mariette plays a dangerous and seductive game. She is driven by the desire for revenge and a mother's instinct to protect her children. Believing herself betrayed, she will act without pity or scruple.

In the vicious stew of court politics motives are unclear and ever suspect. Edouard plays both betrayed and betrayer. He blunders and learns too late, there is more to the concept of honor than skill at arms and bloody-minded bravery.

Love and honour are lost with each twist of betrayal, and soon more than hearts and pride are at stake. By the end lives will stand at risk and trust itself will become an act of bravery.
Violent Ends: Horror Stories by Aaron Polson

Quote:
Product Description
A collection of eleven dark stories with visceral bite. Some are brutal. Others shocking. They range from the short and horrific "Dinner" to the novelette "Ranching the Sleore".
Girl on the Beach by Sandra Thompson and Mike Brooker

Quote:
Product Description
It was summer of 1964 and Sheila was enjoying the last day of her holiday in Blackpool. As she lined up to buy an ice cream, her day suddenly changed. The sky turned black she was surrounded by chaos. Flames burned on the water. People were running along the beach, shouting in frightened urgent voices and in a language Sheila could not understand. Was this a nightmare?
Short stories:

Legacy Universe: Wandering Man (A Short Story) by Martin Perry

The Human Addict: A Dragon's Tale by Scott William Carter

Simply Southern by Eric Wilder

Everybody vs The Ferret: 1 by Cristian YoungMiller

Underneath: Short Tales of Horror and the Supernatural by Dan DeWitt

Legacy Universe: Prize Fighting (A Short Story) by Martin Perry

Angela of Troy by SJB Gilmour

Where There's a Will, Theres a War (Short story) by Declan Conner

Caught (The Runners) by Logan Rutherford

Dutiful Daughter by Christopher Kellen

Benevolent Influence by Chris Turner

Keizara by chylerConn

Unfinished by Carol Oates

Run Ronny Run! by SJB Gilmour

Peter 410 by Andy Hein

Slow Down by John Gaffield

To Read or Not to Read by Vincent Hobbes

Daddy Die Hard by Isaac Sweeney

From Belfast to St. Joe: 1838 by Ann Levingston Joiner

Ouija Be My Friend? by Tarrin P. Lupo

Aboard the Quaker City: A Tour Aspace by Lorraine J. Anderson

Man Seeking Women (Gray Cadence Short Fiction) by Alexander Lurikov

The Curious Case of A. Fly, Esquire by Lorraine J. Anderson

Email Etiquette: Netiquette for the Information Age by David Tuffley
Old 09-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #59
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Clockwork Fagin, by Cory Doctorow, is free to pre-order in the Kindle store.
Book Description
Imagine an alternate universe where tinkerers and dreamers craft and re-craft a world of automatons, clockworks, calculating machines, and other marvels that never were. Where scientists and schoolgirls, fair folk and Romans, intergalactic bandits, utopian revolutionaries, and intrepid orphans solve crimes, escape from monstrous predicaments, consult oracles, and hover over volcanoes in steam-powered airships. In Steampunk!, fourteen masters of speculative fiction, including two graphic storytellers, embrace the genre's established themes and refashion them in surprising ways and settings as diverse as Appalachia, Ancient Rome, future Australia, and alternate California. Get a preview of the anthology by sampling one of these inventive tales for free—Cory Doctorow's “Clockwork Fagin,” in which orphans use the puppet of a dead man to take control of their lives.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:01 AM   #60
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer

Barefoot: A Novel by Elin Hilderbrand from Little, Brown and Company ($1.99) is the Kindle Deal of the Day (Sept 9) *Wait for price to reflect discount before 1-clicking

Quote:
Product Description
It's summer on Nantucket, and as the season begins, three women arrive at the local airport, observed by Josh, a local boy, home from college. Burdened with small children, unwieldy straw hats, and some obvious emotional issues, the women--two sisters and one friend--make their way to the sisters' tiny cottage, inherited from an aunt. They're all trying to escape from something: Melanie, after seven failed in-vitro attempts, discovered her husband's infidelity and then her own pregnancy; Brenda embarked on a passionate affair with an older student that got her fired from her prestigious job as a professor in New York; and her sister Vickie, mother to two small boys, has been diagnosed with cancer. Soon Josh is part of the chaotic household, acting as babysitter, confidant, and, eventually, something more, while the women confront their pasts and map out their futures.

eBook now includes a preview of Elin Hilderbrand's The Island.
Closed Thread