Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 04-14-2016, 05:09 PM   #16
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
If you don't get a simple "oops, sorry, it's back now" response, then I need to start downloading and converting a lot of stuff real soon. And frankly, I'd rather continue to put that off....
hah! I'm in rueful agreement on this.

I really have started downloading my Downpour and Tantor purchases, and my Simon Vance-narrated Aubrey/Maturin books are secure. But other than making sure I maintain access to books that are no longer available, I had another reason for downloading my purchases from these companies - namely, that I think there's a real chance of waking up one day and finding that one or the other has been entirely absorbed by Audible and that while the books are still accessible, they have been DRMed. And aside from moral/philosophical reasons, I need DRM-free books for my waterproof MP3 player.

As for my Audible books, there are so very many of them and converting will require learning how to do it and then all that time and I figured Audible isn't going anywhere.... Yeah, that's a project for the indefinite future.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:35 AM   #17
crazypolly
crazypolly began at the beginning.

Device: None
Missing Audible Books

Audible books go missing out of your library all the time from Audible!! I have complained several times about dozens of missing books only to be told none are missing. However the last time I called I was told "when an older book has been updated it will disappear but is supposed to be replaced back in your library with the newer version". I have complained about this for years, often not having the title but knowing I had over 400 books at one time then less and less. To me this is theft plain and simple - I paid for books and they have deleted them from my library and NEVER replaced any of them, That is unless you have the title. This last time I knew exactly what books were missing and low and behold "oh yes you did own those. I'll credit your account 6 credits". KEEP A RECORD OF YOUR BOOKS!!
crazypolly is offline   Reply With Quote