Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-25-2011, 10:41 AM   #211
Wolf3
Connoisseur
Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook 2, Kindle 3, iPad 2, iPod 4
I just don't understand the point of not supporting it. Not having enough RAM is one thing-that's understandable. But if that's not the issue...

Yes, it may make people buy more Kindles, but Amazon is in the business of selling books, not Kindles.
Wolf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #212
max99
Addict
max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.max99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf3 View Post
I just don't understand the point of not supporting it. Not having enough RAM is one thing-that's understandable. But if that's not the issue...

Yes, it may make people buy more Kindles, but Amazon is in the business of selling books, not Kindles.
...and we now have concrete proof that RAM isn't an issue. i'm running the K3 framework on my DXG and (after a few installation issues) it's just as responsive as 2.5.8. i urge others to follow suite and install it.

the only remaining issues are slower wake from sleep (due to the power config file) and lack of support for active content under this firmware rev. all the new pdf annotation and darkening features work perfectly, along with the improved web browser.
max99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:24 AM   #213
Wolf3
Connoisseur
Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Wolf3 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook 2, Kindle 3, iPad 2, iPod 4
Oooookay, it's really inexplicable then. Should be supported on the Kindle 2...let alone the DX, which is actually being sold.
Wolf3 is offline   Reply With Quote