Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-11-2024, 06:58 PM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Open Multiple ebooks for editing

Hello,

I'm not sure when this stopped working but at some point in the past I remember if I selected multiple ebooks in my Calibre library and hit the "Editor" button/icon, multiple edit instances would open.

Now, selecting multiple ebooks to edit doesn't open multiple ebooks, it'll only open one ebook.

Is there a setting you're supposed to select if you want to open multiple ebooks for editing?

Thanks,
Amalthia
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 07:20 PM   #2
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Curiously, just yesterday, I needed to open multiple titles in Editor, and it felt like that worked before.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2024, 07:22 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You can have Multiple edit sessions, but AFAIK you start them individually
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 07:24 PM   #4
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You can have Multiple edit sessions, but AFAIK you start them individually

Yes, but it's easier to select multiple ebooks and hit the button once. I could have sworn that worked in the past and now it doesn't.

I'm working a editing project and opening the ebooks one at a time is time consuming.
Old 02-11-2024, 07:35 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
select 'T',select 'T',select 'T',select 'T',select 'T',select 'T',
seconds. you don't have to wait
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2024, 07:43 PM   #6
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
select 'T',select 'T',select 'T',select 'T',select 'T',select 'T',
seconds. you don't have to wait
Spoke too soon! Yes, it opened multiple files but it was the same file, not the different books I selected.

Going back to opening the ebooks one at a time.

Last edited by Amalthia; 02-11-2024 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-12-2024, 01:29 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Odd. I selected one file, hit 'T', selected the next file, hit 'T',...repeated 8 more times and I had 10 different books open in calibre's ebook editor which is what I read @theducks select, 'T', select. 'T'... as meaning.

This was not selecting 10 books and hitting 'T', I had to do the selection one file at a time but it did allow me to have 10 books open at once.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 02:41 AM   #8
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Odd. I selected one file, hit 'T', selected the next file, hit 'T',...repeated 8 more times and I had 10 different books open in calibre's ebook editor which is what I read @theducks select, 'T', select. 'T'... as meaning.

This was not selecting 10 books and hitting 'T', I had to do the selection one file at a time but it did allow me to have 10 books open at once.
I had selected multiple files and hit "T" multiple times. It only opened the same 1 file as many times as I hit "T." Basically, I'd like to select multiple ebooks and hit the "Editor" button once and have it open all the ebooks I've selected.
Old 02-12-2024, 04:05 AM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...cfd07cec497ef4
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 02:13 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I had selected multiple files and hit "T" multiple times. It only opened the same 1 file as many times as I hit "T." Basically, I'd like to select multiple ebooks and hit the "Editor" button once and have it open all the ebooks I've selected.
You do not select multiple files—you did notice the "select, 'T'" being repeated multiple times? Likely easier with my setup since the editor opens on the secondary monitor.

I also updated my calibre source with the fix supplied by Kovid Goyal and selecting 5 books opened all 5 so you should be able to select and open multiple books for editing with the next calibre release. If you try opening more than 10 at once, you will get an "are you sure" prompt.
Old 02-12-2024, 03:27 PM   #11
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
You do not select multiple files—you did notice the "select, 'T'" being repeated multiple times? Likely easier with my setup since the editor opens on the secondary monitor.

I also updated my calibre source with the fix supplied by Kovid Goyal and selecting 5 books opened all 5 so you should be able to select and open multiple books for editing with the next calibre release. If you try opening more than 10 at once, you will get an "are you sure" prompt.
I misunderstood the "select" part....That's on me.

I just have the one monitor and the delay in selecting once you select the Editor slows things down, either I end up accidentally opening the same file twice or I miss opening a ebook.

Just being able to open 5 files a time would be very helpful. I like the "are you sure" prompt for more than 10. At that point if you don't have memory accidentally opening too many at once can crash your computer.

Thanks for updating the source code!

Amalthia
Old 02-12-2024, 03:32 PM   #12
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Thanks for updating the source code!

Amalthia
Kovid Goyal is the best developer I've seen for making requested changes.
Old 02-12-2024, 06:00 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Kovid Goyal is the best developer I've seen for making requested changes.
I second this.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 06:46 AM   #14
wildfire070
wildfire070 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Scribe, Paperwhite // Boox Palma
I'd like to apply this change as well. Can someone walk me through how to apply this on a Mac?
wildfire070 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 12:15 PM   #15
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I third it!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote