Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 03-11-2024, 11:42 PM   #1
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Tools>Add Cover deletes files

Hello @kovidgoyal

Sorry to report a little bug I have stumbled across.

When using the Tools>Add Cover, for some reason it deletes the first file.

Check this video where I first delete the existing cover.xhtml file, then use the tool to add a new one... https://streamable.com/svebgh

edit...
And noticed that if there is an image file in that deleted file, it also deletes the image file.

Last edited by Karellen; 03-11-2024 at 11:46 PM.
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 12:17 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
if the existing file is marked as a cover it is replaced. This is by design.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2024, 12:31 AM   #3
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's not marked as the cover.
You can see there is no icon next to it, and the video shows me deleting the actual cover file with the cover icon.
Old 03-12-2024, 12:51 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

if you have a book for which add cover deletes the first file when it isnt marked as a cover, by all means opena bug report and attach the book.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:04 AM   #5
Karellen
Wizard

It's not one book. It has happened to three consecutive books so far.
I don't have an account at your bug reporting site.
Old 03-12-2024, 01:23 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I looked at your test file. It has a titlepage that is simple image wrapper. That will be detected as a cover page in the absence of any actual cover page. You need to either:

1) Use tools->add cover before deleting the existing cover page, so that it is replaced
2) Add some non image content to titlepage
3) Add the cover manually
Old 03-12-2024, 07:07 PM   #7
Karellen
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
It has a titlepage that is simple image wrapper.
Yep, I do that when I also own the pbook, and the pbook has a somewhat "decorative" title page which I scan and use in the ebook.
But I have been doing that for years, so don't know why it has suddenly become a problem, or if I have changed my workflow, not sure where I changed it to reveal this issue.

Quote:
That will be detected as a cover page in the absence of any actual cover page.
Fair enough. I would have thought it would look for the actual "Marked as cover" file instead of a file that happens to have an image in it.

Quote:
You need to either:

1) Use tools->add cover before deleting the existing cover page, so that it is replaced
2) Add some non image content to titlepage
3) Add the cover manually
Thanks, I already figured out how to work around it. Easiest is to move the file down a couple of places in the file list, then move it back once the cover page has been created.

Thanks for you help