Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-14-2016, 02:32 PM   #1
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Kobo Aura ONE Third Party Cover Thread

Third party covers for the Aura ONE are starting to appear.

This one can be found on EBay

This is a book-style cover. It covers the bezels but leaves the light sensor free, has a paper pouch, and a pen/stylus loop. I've seen this cover for other e-readers in the past.

I personally don't like the paper pouch and the pen loop, but it's already close to what I'm looking for.

Post your own finds in this thread, so we don't need to all find the same covers over and over again
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:58 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Thank you. The inside pocket and pen loop are so outdated. Seems like that style has been around since the beginning, along with SD card slot(s) in an ereader cover.

Last edited by SCION; 09-14-2016 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Clarification
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2016, 08:18 PM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
You might notice that one says "Presell 15 days". I ordered it and got an email back saying they were waiting to get an Aura One in hand before they finalized the cover so that one is probably just a mock-up. Also, I'm not sure it is a sleep cover.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:16 AM   #4
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

GeckoCovers has announced their first Kobo Aura ONE cover, in black It would be available in about three weeks.

It looks like this is going to be the standard Gecko cover that covers the bezels. I like that. On my Kindle cover, you slide the reader into the cover from the left, and then put a retaining flap over the edge, and under the reader, which is held down by velcro. In the past, I've seen Gecko covers that didn't have that flap, which made the reader prone sitting askew in the cover, or even slipping partly out of it. I hope they do have a flap like that nowadays.

edit: going by the (generic) product video, they still don't have retaining flaps. Also, thinking about it, my KPW1 cover is exactly the same as the Gecko one (but *with* retaining flap), and it only cost €12 instead of €27.

I'll probably wait and see.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-15-2016 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:35 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I hate black. I've seen a blue one at aliexpress (presale, of course), although non slim-fit, and well, let see....
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2016, 09:42 AM   #6
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
I get all my Covers from www.ekovers.etsy.com

I get to choose my fabrics and elastics and they always fit perfectly and protect nicely. I'm not sure if she makes sleep covers though but her prices are fantastic!
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:52 AM   #7
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I hate black.
Me too! I'm sick of black devices in black cases. I can only assume that black sells well.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:54 AM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I used fabric cover in the beginning, but as they spend a lot of time in my bag, they get dirty very easy, faux leather or plastic is more resistant in this case. And I'm used to sleepcover now.
Old 09-15-2016, 09:54 AM   #9
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Me too! I'm sick of black devices in black cases. I can only assume that black sells well.
I don't have a lot of those
Old 09-15-2016, 11:17 AM   #10
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
Please be advised that Aura One covers started appearing on Amazon

Updated: hmm, it's actually only one, that's not in stock, ETA Oct 8th w/ Nov shipping date

And then there is some bogus stuff ... to be avoided.

Last edited by dnastase; 09-15-2016 at 11:22 AM.
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:25 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineStewart View Post

I get to choose my fabrics and elastics and they always fit perfectly and protect nicely. I'm not sure if she makes sleep covers though but her prices are fantastic!
Since you already have an account there, can you ask if she'll make sleep covers? There's no way I'd buy a cover for a Kobo Reader that was not a sleep cover. A sleep cover saves wear and tear on the power button.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:32 AM   #12
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Since you already have an account there, can you ask if she'll make sleep covers? There's no way I'd buy a cover for a Kobo Reader that was not a sleep cover. A sleep cover saves wear and tear on the power button.
She has a Facebook page, you can message her there probably

https://www.facebook.com/ekovers/
Old 09-15-2016, 11:56 AM   #13
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineStewart View Post

Based on your recommendation, I ordered the Norweigan from ekovers. It does appear well made and is very colorful. Mine is not a sleep cover. It is not difficult to reach the button to turn it on. I didn't think to ask when I ordered it. The only thing I don't like is that the left side is a little thick when I fold the front to the back. It is very light weight.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:37 PM   #14
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodlemom1 View Post
Based on your recommendation, I ordered the Norweigan from ekovers. It does appear well made and is very colorful. Mine is not a sleep cover. It is not difficult to reach the button to turn it on. I didn't think to ask when I ordered it. The only thing I don't like is that the left side is a little thick when I fold the front to the back. It is very light weight.
What do you mean the left side is thick? Both sides in mine are the same thickness. She pads them a bit for protection. I've dropped them in the past and they've protected my reader well. I find they are thinner than the commercial ones (and lighter) which I like
Old 09-15-2016, 01:21 PM   #15
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Try to get a purple or pink piano. Good luck...

If you have a piano for sale, you can get away with a wood colored one, or a satin/matte black one if the price is not too high. A white one will already have a greatly diminished market value. The gold standard, and often the most expensive in a line, is still polished black ebony. (I detest polished black ebony. I hate shiny surfaces.)

Same for photography gear. If it's not black (or in case of Canon L-lenses, white with a red ring), you'll be almost unable to sell it. The only colored camera's you can get away with is compacts, or small system camera's, and if you sell one, the chance is about 90% that it'll be either bought by a woman, or for a woman.

Last edited by Katsunami; 09-15-2016 at 01:25 PM.