Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-02-2013, 11:47 PM   #61
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
That blue around the edges would be annoying after the first page
It was not only annoying but it gave me a migraine. I don't know why Amazon thought they could get away from it. The ones who say they have no problems are reading on a night theme. The blue light bleed is unacceptable and many agree you cant read on the HDX 7 without eye strain.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #62
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
My Nexus will be here tomorrow....can't wait to compare to my other two tablets.
You are in for a treat!
Advert
Old 12-03-2013, 12:15 AM   #63
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
I know for a fact there is not a blue light around the Kindle Fire I have but I don't remember which one it is. All I know for sure is my son paid $139. If any one want's pictures let me know.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:42 AM   #64
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

!?

Quote:
I know for a fact there is not a blue light around the Kindle Fire I have but I don't remember which one it is. All I know for sure is my son paid $139. If any one want's pictures let me know.
It sounds like it's the HD 2013 8GB version. I got the 16GB version coming today. I got it on sale for $119.

Right now I trying to not pull my hair out over Windows 8. Who designed this?!? It's buggy. I am still trying to get Windows updates to work.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:45 AM   #65
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Good luck with Win8. My tech guy told me to not upgrade to Win8 and if I got a new computer he would install Win7. Told me it is as bad as Vista and the patch Win 8.1 really did not fix much of anything.
Advert
Old 12-03-2013, 12:49 AM   #66
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Good luck with Win8. My tech guy told me to not upgrade to Win8 and if I got a new computer he would install Win7. Told me it is as bad as Vista and the patch Win 8.1 really did not fix much of anything.
I love Vista. It's been the most stable Windows I've owned to date. No complaints. Win 8 is a whole new ballgame. They've moved almost everything around on me.

Last edited by Blossom; 12-03-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #67
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

I hated Vista. Within a week of upgrading I switched back to XP. But I love Win7. All I can say is if the next full version of Windows is similar to 8 I will switch to Linux or Buy an Apple.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #68
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I hated Vista. Within a week of upgrading I switched back to XP. But I love Win7. All I can say is if the next full version of Windows is similar to 8 I will switch to Linux or Buy an Apple.
Ugh hated XP. Always crashing and so slow. My netbook has XP on it. I hate using it. I'd love to put Vista or Windows 7 on it.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:59 AM   #69
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I have Vista and Windows 7 and don't really have issues with either. I actually like Vista, too. Stuff changed around with each, but once I figured stuff out was I was okay.

That said, I'm keeping my PCs and laptop for as long as possible and don't want Windows 8 at all
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:31 AM   #70
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
Ditto all the way
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:39 AM   #71
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I have Vista and Windows 7 and don't really have issues with either. I actually like Vista, too. Stuff changed around with each, but once I figured stuff out was I was okay.

That said, I'm keeping my PCs and laptop for as long as possible and don't want Windows 8 at all
I miss the start menu most of all. I use it over 300 times a day.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:40 AM   #72
sunnysmiles
Addict
sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sunnysmiles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: I pad air, kindle pw2 and kindle touch , kindle had fire Nook pad nook
I hated Windows 8 . Everything from the start button to the apps page. Within a couple of months I went back to windows 7.
sunnysmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:50 AM   #73
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I just noticed I was looking at the HDX. If it's been having issues I'll wait for feedback on the regular HD before ordering anything.
I have the HDX, and love it!!!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:52 AM   #74
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
The HDX 7 has blue LEDs which makes the reader have a ugly blue border around the screen. It's most noticeable with light backgrounds unless you get one like I had which my HDX #3 where it showed up on everything! HDX 8.9 uses White LEDs so it's a really nice tablet. The HD uses white LEDs too. It's only the HDX 7 that has this horrible problem that ruins the tablet. I also experienced hardware failure on HDX #1 and a greenish screen tint on HDX #2.

Let me show you a pic of a subtle border. That was the best one out of the three they sent me.

Would you want to read on that?!?
Wow, that is really noticeable.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 04:24 AM   #75
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Wow, that is really noticeable.
That was the one out of the three that was the best too. Do you have the 8.9 version? Mine was a 7" which has the blue LEDs the 8.9 doesn't.