Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #166
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
yeah you can just put it on in that way also.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #167
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Hello ixtab,
It's great to see that your collections manager supports importing Calibre data so as to create collections.
Would it please be possible to be able to have it remove empty collections?

Thank you.

(My previous request is already there, but due to an USB device failure it hadn't worked)

Last edited by Akirainblack; 10-10-2012 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Found the previous request
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #168
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In calibre you can add a custom row IIRC, sort on that (or auto create collections based upon it) and push those collections to the device. Are you talking about that type of thing on the kindle? you changed your post

Last edited by twobob; 10-10-2012 at 01:22 PM. Reason: you changed your post - this now makes less sense
Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #169
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
Hello twobob, yes I was.
As I've updated my previous post, I'd not realised that the USB port which I'd connected my Calibre-Portable device to had failed whilst writing to the kindle, so corrupted part of the data.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #170
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
Hello ixtab,
It's great to see that your collections manager supports importing Calibre data so as to create collections.
Would it please be possible to be able to have it remove empty collections?

Thank you.

(My previous request is already there, but due to an USB device failure it hadn't worked)
See the first post: "The Import function will never remove collections; it will only update existing collections, or create new ones (visible in home by default). In particular, this means that after deleting collections from Calibre, you may also have to manually delete these collections from the Kindle."

So, no. I'm not going to automatically delete collections, under any circumstance. You can however select the "remove all collections" entry, and then import from calibre again.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2012, 03:37 PM   #171
engnrd
blargh
engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.engnrd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
Yay, yay, yay, I got this working on my Paper White! Thank you, ixtab!

My only confusion when installing came from this quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yes, you'll need the usbnetworking running so you can manually install the rest of the stuff.
which made me think I would need to figure out how SSH works again. I haven't used it since college, and I remember... nothing. Is usbnetworking still needed for this? Once I actually unpacked the developer certificates zip and read the read me and found out it was packaged as just an update .bin file, things got a lot simpler. I have usbnetworking installed now, and everything is working, and I was probably better off reading all the extra stuff anyways, I'm just curious if things had changed during development to make it no longer necessary?
engnrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:48 AM   #172
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by engnrd View Post
Yay, yay, yay, I got this working on my Paper White! Thank you, ixtab!

My only confusion when installing came from this quote:

which made me think I would need to figure out how SSH works again. I haven't used it since college, and I remember... nothing. Is usbnetworking still needed for this? Once I actually unpacked the developer certificates zip and read the read me and found out it was packaged as just an update .bin file, things got a lot simpler. I have usbnetworking installed now, and everything is working, and I was probably better off reading all the extra stuff anyways, I'm just curious if things had changed during development to make it no longer necessary?
At the time that I posted that it was indeed necessary to install those things by hand, because the installers weren't repackaged to support the PW yet. Now everything is available as installers, so you don't strictly need the usbnet anymore - though it's always a good idea to have it, if only because it allows full access to the device, and allows to do all sorts of interesting things.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #173
ixtab
(offline)

Version 2.1.0

This version includes a new option for showing only unfiled items in the upper pane (= items which have not been filed into any collection yet).

Hope you like it

Three notes:
  • Yes, I know that the menu is now a bit messed up (=less understandable.) If you have any idea about how it can be made more intuitive, please post it.
  • Panes are reset to their "beginning" after every copy or move operation, and I know that this may be a nuisance. Unfortunately, there is no easy way around this. (If you want to know the gory details: the reason is the Kindle's severely limited amount of RAM. It's not generally possible to keep everything in memory, so CM only queries the currently shown "window" from the database. If the database is changed, CM just re-queries it, starting from the beginning).
  • As always: I have already included the english and german localization, but other translations are still missing. This is really a tough one though... try to squeeze all the required information into the space available for a menu entry
Old 10-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #174
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ixtab:

French TL:

Code:
show.unfiled.only=Panneau Haut: orphelins uniquement
(Not sure if 'non-classés' would fit, so I went for that instead).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:54 PM   #175
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@ixtab:

French TL:

Code:
show.unfiled.only=Panneau Haut: orphelins uniquement
(Not sure if 'non-classés' would fit, so I went for that instead).
Merci beaucoup!

I slightly changed it to "Panneau haut: non-classés seulement", which should fit ok on the Kindle Touch screen.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #176
twobob

Lightbulb those who need a little bit "more" space

I know this is a stupid point. but I'll say it anyway. I now allow an extra ~25% whitespace in menus as some users use larger fonts.

I am in fact one of these users most of the time as it allows me to view what those using these elevated visibility will see. Which is helpful for devving for "all users".

So, well, that's it really, allowing a bit of space prevents those HORRIFIC ... ellipses being triggered. (In the Yifan Lu Extension Launcher is the main culprit)

Perhaps I should try to grab down the code for it.
Or perhaps he re-used amazons code...

I vote the removal of the "auto-ellipses" feature for a one-day jbpatch, heck who knows maybe some crazy other person might think this helpful too and write a patch!
(Not Ixtab) :P

Digression over; ellipses are great, until they take up 25% of your menu space...
(although in Collection Manager they are very tiny and only take up about 2 or 3 characters)

I will fire up the Collections Manager and check how it looks, now I've typed all this.

EDIT: Ah, okay so just the one entry : )
("Limit filters to the lower p??? ", as-in with no these, would mean exactly the same thing FWIW)

I use the 125% font that is available on this site. (I could hunt it down)
There were MANY downloads of it which I assume to be mute acceptance of a standard.

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindle:0.0 - GVncViewer_149.png
Views:	534
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	94019  

Last edited by twobob; 10-12-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: examples, ideas, screenies
Old 10-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #177
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
A quick heads up for users of the Calibre plugin.

I just posted a new patchset (here) with a new setting that will help tremendously speed up a particular workflow (Calibre => Kindle incremental sync), among a few other things.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:49 PM   #178
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Hi:

I'd like to use this on my PW, can you tell me which steps I should be using to get the CM installed and usable using both this and the Calibre plugin? Should I be using the kindle jailbreak files also, though they say they are for the Touch?
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #179
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
Hi:

I'd like to use this on my PW, can you tell me which steps I should be using to get the CM installed and usable using both this and the Calibre plugin? Should I be using the kindle jailbreak files also, though they say they are for the Touch?
Please refer to the first post of this thread.

It is the common practice in this forum that the first post of the thread(s) serves as the "current release" information.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 01:53 PM   #180
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Please refer to the first post of this thread.

It is the common practice in this forum that the first post of the thread(s) serves as the "current release" information.
I did read it but I guess I was a little overwhelmed because I did not fully understand the instructions. But with the help of NiLuJe I was able to get up and running.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks