Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #736
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion2001 View Post
Also, are there any plans to include the ability to have folders/collections in Marvin to organize your ebooks?
There we go again. Hold on to your hat, Wulf. Library folders/collections are already in the works.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #737
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Booklist with no images to cover flow by pinching (or backwards by gnihcnip)....nifty!
I have asked Kris to make it possible to disable that gesture, or to replace it by a different gesture. It keeps interfering, on my iPads, with the iOS 4-finger gestures (bringing up the multi-tasking bar, or switching to a different app), so that my Library keeps switching to the Condensed view on its own. If you need 3 various Library views, this could easily be also achieved, say, with a 2-finger tap and a 3-finger tap and a double-tap. Or simply a 2-finger tap to cycle between all available Library views.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #738
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
I love the new version of the app and plan on reviewing it in the app store tonight.

I have one issue with using it but I think it is user error.

Every time I try to select a word for a definition the entire paragraph is selected and I have to shift the selection down top the single word. How should I select the text so that a single word is chosen? is there a setting that I have missed?

Any help would be appreciated and my apologies if this has already been covered.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #739
maxjens
Connoisseur
maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxjens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad & Bebook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
I love the new version of the app and plan on reviewing it in the app store tonight.

I have one issue with using it but I think it is user error.

Every time I try to select a word for a definition the entire paragraph is selected and I have to shift the selection down top the single word. How should I select the text so that a single word is chosen? is there a setting that I have missed?

Any help would be appreciated and my apologies if this has already been covered.
If you put your finger onthe word it will only select the word, is your finger not on the word it will select the whole paragraph. Hope this helps.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #740
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I have asked Kris to make it possible to disable that gesture, or to replace it by a different gesture. It keeps interfering, on my iPads, with the iOS 4-finger gestures (bringing up the multi-tasking bar, or switching to a different app), so that my Library keeps switching to the Condensed view on its own. If you need 3 various Library views, this could easily be also achieved, say, with a 2-finger tap and a 3-finger tap and a double-tap. Or simply a 2-finger tap to cycle between all available Library views.
lol...my main point of that post was to get the word "gnihcnip" out in the blog-o-sphere...it's going to catch on...really!!

I do like the idea of cycling from list to flow...however it's accomplished...is that being greedy?? I REALLY liked the ability to go from condensed to expanded...now that I have it I want MORE!!! (sad commentary on the human condition!)
Old 02-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #741
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Tapping and holding a word always only selects a single word here. The only time it selects the entire paragraph, is if I tap the empty space following the last word in the last line of a paragraph -- which is, in fact, convenient and time-saving when I wish to select the entire paragraph.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #742
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjens View Post
If you put your finger on the word it will only select the word, is your finger not on the word it will select the whole paragraph.
You're correct. The density of letters in my books is so high usually, though, that it would be a struggle for me to put my finger intentionally in between words.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #743
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey Faterson...did you know that gnichnip is pronounced "Niknip" the "g" is silent.

Did you also know that it isn't really the merits of an idea that make something popular...it's how OFTEN someone sees it that make something memorable. Once it is memorable, then it is adopted as normal. I learned this from my uncle. He started using the word "Barf" in California to indicate the act of regurgitation....He used it all the time and it caught on....yup, I'm from THAT family (I'm sooo proud)
Old 02-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #744
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxjens View Post
..............[excerpted from the original post by maxjens].........
  • Add OPDF in Cloud
    After adding OPFD feeds I didn't see them in the OPDF Catalog screen, but in the Favorites. Would expect all in Catalog screen and the favorites in Favorites.
  • OPDF Catalog
    If one selects through Favorites an OPDF Catalog then one sees the feed, in the left top corner there is a < option, that does't work at the moment, only when one stays inside the feed. If the previous option would work than it would be nice if this option also works.
  • tag info next to books
    When showing the books I see titel, author and a lot of info i do not use like tags. The real info is in the summary, why not show that instead or give the option.
Using the technique Turtle91 described in post #742 (no not the "Gnihcnipping", the other thing), I would like to wholeheartedly support the first 2 point out of post #731 by maxjens. As a OPDS Catalog user I really would lite to see all my OPDS Catalogs in one screen and a limited number in the Favorites.

Also his 3rd point would be nice to have if possible.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #745
smoke2002
smoke2002 doesn't littersmoke2002 doesn't litter

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0
Thank you so much for this wonderful app. I just installed it today and am really just getting to check out the features. So far I have to say that I am very impressed. The two most important things for me were correct handling of text (italics, bold, bold italics) and working hyperlinks...and so far the books I have looked at look awesome.

I think that I have finally found my replacement for Stanza (on my iPad, at least). I definitely am looking forward to a version for my iPhone as that is the device I have with me most often to read on.

Thank you once again for your hard work. You definitely have one very satisfied customer here.

Edit: so far, the one thing that I would definitely like to see is a way to sort by subject/tag.

Last edited by smoke2002; 02-05-2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Edited to add
Old 02-05-2013, 06:28 PM   #746
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
alert (it's late here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Hey Faterson...did you know that gnichnip is pronounced "Niknip" the "g" is silent.

Did you also know that it isn't really the merits of an idea that make something popular...it's how OFTEN someone sees it that make something memorable. Once it is memorable, then it is adopted as normal. I learned this from my uncle. He started using the word "Barf" in California to indicate the act of regurgitation....He used it all the time and it caught on....yup, I'm from THAT family (I'm sooo proud)
I draw your attention to the Oxford dictionary where the origin of the word where "dirty dog" is a synonym of is stated as unknown.
Let's start a petition to set them right.

and now discussion
Old 02-05-2013, 07:32 PM   #747
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
Thank you for the help about word selection. I have the font so crazy tiny that I can't tap just a single word. When I made the font a normal size it worked.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #748
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
feature request.

I have a few books that have links to the web. Marvin works fine and offers to use Safari to show the link. Then I double click the button and select Marvin to get back. Since Marvin now has a browser built in it would be nice and a bit cleaner if it used its built in browser. Then I would just dismiss it and return easier.

Dale
Old 02-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #749
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Thanks for the tip Dale. I noted it down.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #750
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I have a few books that have links to the web. Marvin works fine and offers to use Safari to show the link. Then I double click the button and select Marvin to get back. Since Marvin now has a browser built in it would be nice and a bit cleaner if it used its built in browser. Then I would just dismiss it and return easier.

Dale
Dale...to get the internal browser to dismiss, would you swipe, or do a 5 fingered Gnihcnip??? (Sorry, couldn't resist! )
Closed Thread