Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #46
SCBrazil
SCBrazil began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgiZ View Post
Indeed the conversion described above worked very well! Thank you.
1. Mobipocket Creator - PDF to html
2. Calibre - html to epub

About this:

Why not buy some cheaper device like Kindle or something like that? That works just as well, no?
Kindle is more expensive still. The cheapest e-ink reader available over here is the Cool-er. The JetBook is slightly cheaper but as I understand, it doesn't use e-ink and got bad reviews on this forum.
I'm thinking of buying a used PRS 505 for $600 off the Brazilian e-bay but I need to know I will be able to convert the mainly text only PDF textbooks I mention above beforehand. It is a lot of money to spend to not get the desired result.
Thanks
SCBrazil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #47
ibic
ibic has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle
I'm using this software and find the output is quite acceptable (with header/footer exclusion option)
http://pdftoepub.com/

They are currently having "PDF to EPUB Authors Promotion", which gives me a free key.
ibic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:33 PM   #48
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibic View Post
I'm using this software and find the output is quite acceptable...
However, it does seem to work very well for others; review this thread.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 04:50 PM   #49
john_es
Connoisseur
john_es began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
It doesn't seem to work with Adobe Acrobat X, though...
john_es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:06 PM   #50
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
Well, I registered, too but the email that was supposed to contain a key actually did not have one.

Is this just me?

Regards, Mixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibic View Post
I'm using this software and find the output is quite acceptable (with header/footer exclusion option)
http://pdftoepub.com/

They are currently having "PDF to EPUB Authors Promotion", which gives me a free key.

Last edited by Mixx; 12-28-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 12:07 PM   #51
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
I sent an email to support and they fixed the problem, I have my key now.

Looks a bit slow, but has an option to directly convert to mobi format as well, not just epub.

Regards, Mixx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixx View Post
Well, I registered, too but the email that was supposed to contain a key actually did not have one.

Is this just me?

Regards, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote