Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-24-2011, 03:38 AM   #1
svet
svet began at the beginning.

Device: ECO
Question Ebook reader which supports Russian language

Hello, I am new in this forum and will appreciate good advice. I was using ECO reader for about 1 year and was very happy until couple days ago my reader died and I found out that DA Direct which used to deals with ECO readers doesn't do it any more. I wanted to buy another one because I need reader with Russian language support. Does anybody know where to buy ECO reader now or could anybody advice me what other readers with Russian language support are available on market. It also should have SD slot as I download russian books from website in Russia in fb2 format. Thank you
svet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 04:16 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by svet View Post
... or could anybody advice me what other readers with Russian language support are available on market. It also should have SD slot as I download russian books from website in Russia in fb2 format. Thank you
PocketBook is developed By ukrainian company
Other devices from other manufacturers developed specifficaly for Russian (and former Soviet Union states) market are:
lbook
Azbuka

lbook and Azbuka use OEM hardware, so you can buy other brand hardware, from the same manufacurer and flash lbook firmware.

Have a look at Russian speaking site and forum
www.the-ebook.org

Sony reader, especially PRS505 used to be also good choice, because very talented Russian hackers mave made great alternative firmware with good support of Russian.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Onyx Boox is also a very good choice (wel, at least the 6" models). They support Russian, and can handle fb2 and fb2.zip very well.

Onyx claims to be numer 2 on the 'official' Russian market, after PocketBook.

An advantage of Onyx over PocketBook is that Onyx has Pearl screen reader, whereas PocketBook doesn't.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
svet

Thank you all for reply. I am living in Australia and my preferable market to deal with is australian. I would like to buy another ECO reader but unfortunately can't find where to buy it. Does anybody have any information of where to look for it? Thank you
Old 11-29-2011, 05:03 AM   #5
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by svet View Post
Thank you all for reply. I am living in Australia and my preferable market to deal with is australian. I would like to buy another ECO reader but unfortunately can't find where to buy it. Does anybody have any information of where to look for it? Thank you
The ECO is one of the many Hanlin V3 OEM devices. You could try to get one of them from the list here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_devices. Look at the Hanlin V3 entry.

And if you want, you can them run the ECO firmware on it, if you like. That will work, even if the case says something different than ECO.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 02:45 AM   #6
svet

Thank you mbovenka, your link helped me to determine which readear I needed to buy, I got Bebook One because it is similar to ECO and has russian language support...unfortunately I have already encountered it's strange behaivour...I have 8 pages on boolshelf but can't move any further than page 4, when I press "go ahead" button reader gets frozen and doesn't respond to anything except long switch on/off button press.
Is there any ideas how it could be fixed? Thank you
Old 12-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
You could look at Sony 350/650 or PRS-T1 or Nook Simple Touch as well. Actually there are much more choices. Any of them may be also good. For additional information go to the-ebook.org forum - it is a biggest russian forum dedicated to ebook devices.
hel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eco reader, russian language