Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-07-2009, 06:55 AM   #16
Zerdost
Zerdost began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
Question Reset Opus

Hello,

Stupid question maybe: how do you open a Cybook Opus battery case?
I just got a new device and it crashed after a few seconds. No reset possibility or whatsoever.
There are no screws or anything. I could drill an hole, but seems a bad idea since I am only testing a device.

Thanks,

rpc
Zerdost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:12 AM   #17
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerdost View Post
Hello,

Stupid question maybe: how do you open a Cybook Opus battery case?
I just got a new device and it crashed after a few seconds. No reset possibility or whatsoever.
There are no screws or anything. I could drill an hole, but seems a bad idea since I am only testing a device.

Thanks,

rpc
The gray part is clipsed, and batery is under it. You have to push it to make it slid , can be a bit hard.
Reset can be done by pressing page down + power a long time. Or, if #1 don't work, using the reset buton next to the battery.

Read the manual
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2009, 02:57 PM   #18
ALYSSACHANCE
ALYSSACHANCE began at the beginning.

My device just froze and I have tried the key combo reset and the reset button by the battery and it is not responsing at all :O(
ALYSSACHANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 03:03 PM   #19
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALYSSACHANCE View Post
My device just froze and I have tried the key combo reset and the reset button by the battery and it is not responsing at all :O(
Grab an usb cable. plug your opus onto your pc, see if it react, if you can access it.

For info, when the battery is empty, light will flash when trying to stat up. Scared the hell out of my the first time
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:43 PM   #20
ALYSSACHANCE
ALYSSACHANCE began at the beginning.

Thanks! the USB worked. Sometimes my cell Phone and PDA seem to freeze like that as well and conneting them to a power sorce is the only thing that helps.
ALYSSACHANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert