Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 07-11-2016, 10:43 AM   #1
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
@media okay in editor; not working in E-book viewer

@media (orientation: portrait) {
body {
background-color: green;
}}

Works well in calibre's editor, but does not work in Viewer.
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:07 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The viewer is in maintenance mode -- it will be replaced with an in-browser version which will -- by virtue of running in a browser, support all the CSS that browsers do.

Technically, the viewer is already an in-browser application, just a very old and unmaintained browser.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-11-2016, 01:27 PM   #3
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The viewer is in maintenance mode -- it will be replaced with an in-browser version which will -- by virtue of running in a browser, support all the CSS that browsers do.

Technically, the viewer is already an in-browser application, just a very old and unmaintained browser.
Thanks for the good news. Can I ask a time frame for the update? I have made 270 Youtube videos and am currently concentrating on calibre. They are entitled "calibre epub (##) 'title' ". I am working ahead and want to include a future @media tutorial. They can be found with my name [Promotion deleted - MODERATOR] in case you are interested. i work with calibre at least 4 hours a day. Many thanks and Best Regards, Pop

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-20-2016 at 03:39 PM.
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:22 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
No timeframe that I know of.

It is scheduled for calibre v3. Which will include a rewritten-from-scratch content server, including an in-browser viewer (I believe that will form the basis of the desktop viewer as well), and a client-server model that incorporates browser-based management and multi-user access.

And stuff.

It is currently being worked on, you can see the progress if you run calibre from source.
The new server can be tested (even in published releases) via the command-line: `calibre-debug --new-server`.

The content server and in-browser viewer are good enough to try out already, though not production-ready.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:15 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I dislike giving timeframes, as they dont match my development style. I like to work on things as they catch my interest.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
@media, calibre, css, landscape, portrait