Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 08:44 PM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free audiobook with Tantor Audio app install + 6.99 bargain sale [MP3 Downloads]

For a limited time, Tantor Audio is offering a choice of 1 of 3 selected free audiobooks for creating an account with them and downloading their free Android listening app.

From the looks of it, you may have to create a new user account if you have one already.

Anyway, as per their instructions, which are currently depicted on the front page of their website:

1) Create a free account.
2) Choose one of the three following:

3) Download the app from the Android Marketplace.

Apparently your free selection will be pre-loaded onto your Bookshelf within the app. Offer may only apply to US persons.

Tantor are also holding a $6.99 sale for downloadable MP3 audiobooks for 45 selected titles, most of which normally cost more than twice that.

Annoyingly, they don't seem to have a promo page set up on their actual website, and the link from my email goes to some offsite tracker*, so I will simply list the eligible titles by genre/author separated by ampersand, and you will see the $6.99 promo price on the actual pages once you get there from the search results. Most of the titles appear to be 1st in series, from the ones I test-clicked.

Needless to say, this is a limited time sale, but they haven't given an end-date. Not all books are available to all countries, but if you're logged in and have your location info in your details, the website will tell you which ones you can't get.

Science Fiction
  • Isaac Asimov: The Caves of Steel
  • Ray Bradbury: Long After Midnight & The Martian Chronicles & The Illustrated Man
  • Richard K. Morgan: Market Forces
  • S.M. Stirling: The Sky People & Dies The Fire
  • Harry Turtledove: Hitler's War & Opening Atlantis

Fantasy, Paranormal, & Horror
  • Ilona Andrews: Magic Bites
  • Kelly Armstrong: Angelic
  • Rachel Caine: The Dead Girls' Dance
  • Mike Carey: Dead Men's Boots [I think I sense a pattern emerging]
  • Robert E. Howard: The Coming of Conan the Cimmerian & The Bloody Crown of Conan & The Conquering Sword of Conan
  • Mercedes Lackey & James Mallory: The Phoenix Transformed
  • Karen Miller: Empress
  • Nalini Singh: Archangel's Kiss
  • Carrie Vaughan: Kitty and the Silver Bullet

Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
  • Richard Castle: Heat Wave
  • Ruth Downie: Medicus & Terra Incognita & Caveat Emptor [I've read all of these in print form, and they're quite good; no idea how the audiobooks stack up, but probably worth it if you like ancient Roman historical sleuths]
  • Thomas Perry: The Butcher's Boy & Blood Money

General/Literary Fiction
  • Chinua Achebe: The Education of a British-Protected Child [actually a book of autobiographical essays, but he's known as one of the literature greats, so placing it here]
  • Chris Cleave: Little Bee
  • Nancy Thayer: Beachcombers

Science-y & Historical Non-Fiction
  • Richard Dawkins: The God Delusion
  • Timothy Egan: The Worst Hard Time - The Untold Story of Those Who Survived the Great American Dust Bowl
  • David Faber: Munich, 1938 - Appeasement and World War II
  • Jerome Groopman, MD: How Doctors Think
  • Nancy Goldstone: The Lady Queen - The Notorious Reign of Joanna I, Queen of Naples, Jerusalem, and Sicily [I've read other historical biographies by Goldstone and she's quite good, IMHO]
  • Larry Johnson & Scott Baldyga: Frozen - My Journey Into the World of Cryonics, Deception, and Death
  • Cindy M. Meston & David M. Buss, both PhD: Why Women Have Sex - Understanding Sexual Motivations From Adventure to Revenge (and Everything in Between)
  • Mary Roach: Stiff - The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers
  • Steve Wozniak: iWoz

Non Science-y Non-Fiction & Memoirs
  • Ryan Blair & Don Yeager: Nothing To Lose, Everything to Gain - How I Went From Gang Member to Multimillionaire Entrepreneur
  • Soleil Moon Frye: Happy Chaos - From Punky to Parenting and My Imperfectly Perfect Adventures In Between
  • Daniel Jonah Goldhagen: Worse Than War - Genocide, Eliminationism, and the Ongoing Assault on Humanity
  • Chelsea Handler: My Horizontal Life - A Collection of One-Night Stands
  • Kati Marton: Enemies of the People - My Family's Journey to America
  • Greg Mortenson & David Oliver Relin: Three Cups of Tea [this, I believe, has significant controversy over it, because apparently the author completely made most of it up or something like that and may have been embezzling the charity funds to boot]

Hopefully, those of you who are interested will be able to find something you like (which is not geo-restricted for your region).

* Hah! I deny you your tracking stats! Put up a real web promo page next time!

Last edited by ATDrake; 11-07-2011 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Used the list auto-format button for better legibility.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote