Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-18-2018, 12:49 PM   #2971
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: kobo gloHD - KA1
yup I only asked because I had to reinstall two h2o2 for people that did ksm without reading much and 1. it was too technical for them 2. ksm was not ready for the device. so I still think the help section now at the bottom would benefit to be the top
cramoisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:39 AM   #2972
lori87
Connoisseur
lori87 doesn't litterlori87 doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@lori87: Basically, this .
This didn't work for me

I downloaded the files and extracted them and it didn't work. The only thing I noticed is a weird upside down KFSMON has started message if I power the whole thing off and also a "KFMON didnt load koreaeder.ssh still process" (something like that) but other than that the old software is there and no koreader
lori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 11:07 AM   #2973
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
On which device is that?

Can you check the KFMon log for the exact messages, because that looks like something wonky happening during KOReader's startup, without it ever crashing...

With which KOReader version was that?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 03:08 PM   #2974
lori87
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
On which device is that?

Can you check the KFMon log for the exact messages, because that looks like something wonky happening during KOReader's startup, without it ever crashing...

With which KOReader version was that?
I'm using a Kobo Aura H20 Edition 2

I think the problem is the Download a recent nightly build of KOReader. instruction. On your link, in the other instruction above, it says "As for the Kobo H2O², you'll need one dated newer than March 2018. "

The link to the nightly builds however has nothing after March 2018. I only found was koreader-nightly-20180212 which is what i used
Old 10-20-2018, 03:38 PM   #2975
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Try here.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 04:37 PM   #2976
lori87
Connoisseur

Okay I got no errors this time, but I still cant figure out how to launch koreader, it still has the original kobo software
Old 10-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #2977
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
In original software you should have image for starting koreader.

From instructions on wiki:

Quote:
You'll then be able to simply tap the KOReader icon in your Home or your Library to launch KOReader!
So, find icon (image) somewhere in original reader.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:11 PM   #2978
lori87
Connoisseur

It's not there i dont think it's possible on the auro h20 edition 2
Old 10-21-2018, 08:09 PM   #2979
lori87
Connoisseur

double post
Old 10-22-2018, 03:22 AM   #2980
cramoisi
Librarian
cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.cramoisi did not drink the Kool Aid.

@lori87 : I think you didn't install koreader or the png files you have to install to function with KFMon. I did 3 H2O2 following these steps last month and I could certify it's possible and functional.

I could assist you if you have the time
Old 10-22-2018, 02:32 PM   #2981
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
@lori87 : I think you didn't install koreader or the png files you have to install to function with KFMon.
I don't know about koreader, but for sure he didn't installed image, as image would be visible whether koreader is installed or not.

It seems he didn't followed instructions to letter. In any case, I suggest that he follows instructions step by step, especially copying needed files on device.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:55 PM   #2982
stuartjmz
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramoisi View Post
@lori87 : I think you didn't install koreader or the png files you have to install to function with KFMon. I did 3 H2O2 following these steps last month and I could certify it's possible and functional.

I could assist you if you have the time

I may take you up on this when I buy mine next week, if I have any trouble with the installation instructions - which I will be reading many times before then.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:59 AM   #2983
cramoisi
Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartjmz View Post
I may take you up on this when I buy mine next week, if I have any trouble with the installation instructions - which I will be reading many times before then.
Not a problem
Old 10-23-2018, 02:24 PM   #2984
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FWIW: @lori87 appears to have finally got it working .

(I have no idea what was meant by the nightly comment, since it links to GH's releases page, which prominently shows the latest release on top, dated October 7 ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 03:15 PM   #2985
m339
m339 began at the beginning.

Device: KA1
I have KA1 with SM8 & stable version of koreader-v2015.11-1370-g5ee6c01 installed on it. I would like to upgrade it to the latest beta version so I downloaded koreader-kobo-arm-kobo-linux-gnueabihf-v2015.11-1868-gb8d9598_2018-10-06, extracted koreader folder to .adds and also .kobo. Rebooted the device but it still mounts the old version of koreader. Any idea what I miss ?
m339 is offline   Reply With Quote