Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-04-2007, 12:16 PM   #1
Doof
Doof began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
(Hopefully) a quick BookDesigner question...

Just gave the updated BookDesigner a try. The resulting file was perfect! It sized perfectly to the Reader, TOC is intact, text sizes properly. It's awesome.

Now I just have one question.

All of my Chapters have hard page breaks at the end of them, so that each new chapter starts on a new page. EXCEPT for the Chapter 1. I can't figure out how to make Chapter 1 do this as well.

Along those same lines, how do I insert a manual page break? I tried Format -> more transformations -> insert page break after selection and it puts a line in the correct spot, but then after Making the file for the Reader, the page break still isn't there.

I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious here... any suggestions?
Doof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
scottb
scottb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
My best guess is that 'titles' have page breaks before them, so double check that Chapter 1 is a title by selecting it, right clicking, and hitting 'title'. If you want a page break, perhaps make a title where you want a break. Hope this helps! S
scottb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2007, 12:34 PM   #3
Doof
Doof began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Yeah, it's definitely set to Title. I even tried setting it back to Paragraph and then to Title again to be sure.

I also played around with putting page breaks in various locations throughout and none of them show up. I'm wondering if this isn't a "feature" of the Reader itself and not BookDesigner...
Doof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doof
I also played around with putting page breaks in various locations throughout and none of them show up. I'm wondering if this isn't a "feature" of the Reader itself and not BookDesigner...
It is the feature of BookDesigner: if a title is located near to the beginig of the book, the page break is not entered.

However in the future BD update it will be an option allowing to keep user-defined page breaks.
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:48 PM   #5
vvv
Zealot
vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.vvv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Librie, REB1100, GEB2150, GEB1150, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv
However in the future BD update it will be an option allowing to keep user-defined page breaks.
Done, download and install the same update again.
To insert user-defined page breaks into lrf:
- insert the needed page breaks (Alt+X) into the book text;
- Make Sony Reader file -> options -> misc -> check "user page breaks".
vvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2007, 05:02 PM   #6
pinenut
pinenut began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvv
Done, download and install the same update again.
To insert user-defined page breaks into lrf:
- insert the needed page breaks (Alt+X) into the book text;
- Make Sony Reader file -> options -> misc -> check "user page breaks".
How do I get to the latest update?
pinenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #7
vvaann
Enthusiast
vvaann began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinenut
How do I get to the latest update?
http://www.the-ebook.org/e107/e107_f...2007_01_29.zip
vvaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:20 PM   #8