Enthusiast
librus38 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Asus DR900 out in July?

Hello
I have been searching the internet and found this new:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/classroom-...ly-competition

(scroll down to see the last prize...)

Is the Asus DR900 be available in July?????
Can anyone inform further on this ?
Thanks
librus38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 08:55 AM   #2
beachwanderer
-
beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beachwanderer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Some

Quote:
And finally but by no means least, be one of the first to enjoy the ASUS DR-900 E-reader. Breathtakingly light and thin, enjoy reading alongside built-in WiFi, perfect for pool and beach browsing with a four day plus battery life.
from here

Cheap PR-speak or is something in that? Difficult. I vote for "yes, something in that"
beachwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
librus38
Enthusiast

Anyone has further information on this release?
Old 07-01-2010, 10:38 AM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
seems that at least one will be delivered in July
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #5
librus38
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Maybe we should ask the hjappy winer to write a review on it
I Think I will send him/her one of my pdf files to see how the Asus handles it...
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
BenLee
eReader Junkie
BenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheeseBenLee can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle + Sony
Can't wait to check out this one. It looks delicious : )
BenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by librus38 View Post
Maybe we should ask the hjappy winer to write a review on it
I Think I will send him/her one of my pdf files to see how the Asus handles it...
I think they have to, right? I believe the winners have to make a series of blog posts about the device that get posted on the "summer blog"

edit- yes the first article says 2 a week for 6 weeks
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 04:33 PM   #8
librus38
Enthusiast

I think it would be a great idea to make suggestions of "tests" to the happy recipient of this first DR900...
Old 08-01-2010, 07:05 AM   #9
librus38
Enthusiast

So, apparently no new development here...
Old 08-01-2010, 07:07 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
Did they say which year?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:52 AM   #11
lord_blackfang
Enthusiast
lord_blackfang has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS-600
I'm just about fed up with all the vaporware on the e-reader and tablet scene this year.
lord_blackfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There's no point in getting annoyed about it. New technology can't be delivered "on demand", and very often there are unanticipated difficulties when it comes to moving from a prototype to commercial production. I'm sure that nobody wants to release new devices more than the companies producing them - after all, it's their necks on the block if they have no income from them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #13
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Asus is a smart company and since their announcement of the DR 900 and DR 950 in March, quite a number of changes have occurred in the e-reader space, not to mention the tsunami of hype (and sales!) around the iPad launch. Asus may have determined coming to market without a distinct differentiator wasn't in their best interest at this time. Perhaps they will be the first colour e-ink maker out there with a DRM ePub unit instead.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote