Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-28-2012, 06:36 PM   #2761
Kevin8or
Guru
Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin8or ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@Kevin8or: Nope, nothing to do/worry about .
Thank you!

Karma flying in your direction.
Kevin8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:43 PM   #2762
bluen
Enthusiast
bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.

Device: kindle
Quote:
@bluen: Great! .

@Kevin8or: Nope, nothing to do/worry about .
NiLuJe,
Really appreciate your help
bluen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2012, 02:59 PM   #2763
Paladin1956
Paladin1956 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle WiFi 3G
I tried to follow the instructions in this link.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004

Unfortunately when I "Update my Kindle" I get an error message U004.

My Kindle Keyboard has both WiFi and 3G capability.
It is running Version 3.3 of Kindle
The first few digits of the serial number are: B006 A0A0 ...

I used "update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3g_install.bin"
And installed it to E:\ of the drive that appeared on my Windows Xp desktop.

I assume this is the root directory ?
Just in case, I also tried resetting the Kindle to the factory defaults, but no luck ...
Paladin1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:58 PM   #2764
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Paladin1956: Make sure you're using a recent package, the files have moved around a bit somwhat recently.

Redownload, and make sure you're using the correct file for your specific FW version.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #2765
Paladin1956

Thanks NiLuJe:

Looks like the thread has been deleted, I'll try somewhere else ...
Advert
Old 11-04-2012, 11:14 AM   #2766
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Paladin1956: What? This *is* the exact same thread o_O.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #2767
Paladin1956

Sorry :(

I'm sorry NiLuJe.

I'm having a really hard time with this forum

I tried a couple of different links but they all seem to lead to the same .ZIP file.
Version 0.11.N 12/13/2002

I could really use some help here .
Old 11-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #2768
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Paladin1956: The zip file is always here, and the name may be identical, but I happen to sometimes (somewhat) silently update it.

So, again, check with a fresh download, and with the correct, latest instructions from the first post .
Old 11-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #2769
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Look at the lower right of this text box.
There is a breadcrumb list of thread pages there.
Press 'First'
Page down to bottom of that first post of this thread, download that package attached to the first post.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #2770
Noope
Noope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheeseNoope can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard 3G
Question Update and compatibility

Hey, I just got my second hand Kindle 3 Keyboard with 3g, It has 3.3 fw usa, I'd like to use JB, LP, keyboard hack, custom screensaver, PDF reader (based on muPDF, GPLv3), CoolReader 3. Is this mods and hacks worsk with 3.4? So am I just apply 3.4 than the mods or add the mods and apply the update?
Noope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #2771
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Noope: Can't speak for others, but everything in this thread is okay on 3.4. (As is KPV).
Old 11-09-2012, 01:48 PM   #2772
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Release Screensavers v0.31.N (and Python v0.1.N).

* Bring the 'cover' mode (use the cover of the last book opened as screensaver) of the K5 port to your good old K2/DX/3/4 .

It's a bit more hackish than on the K5, so feel free to get back to me if something seems strange .
Old 11-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #2773
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Release Screensavers v0.31.N (and Python v0.1.N).
* Bring the 'cover' mode (use the cover of the last book opened as screensaver) of the K5 port to your good old K2/DX/3/4 .
It's a bit more hackish than on the K5, so feel free to get back to me if something seems strange .
Yay! What version of python is it?
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #2774
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@qlob: Python 2.7.3 ;-).
Old 11-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #2775
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
@qlob: Python 2.7.3 ;-).
beats my installed 2.7.2 I'll grab it in a second.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet