Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-13-2009, 06:22 PM   #1
nesagwa
Connoisseur
nesagwa began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook360
Very dead battery

I havent used my reader for the better part of the last 6 or so months.

Im pretty sure I lost my PSP charger that I was using to do a direct DC charge.

Right now I have it hooked to my PC via USB and no light comes on saying it's charging. Is that normal? Should I just let it sit and charge for a while?
nesagwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
Evi1d33d
Enthusiast
Evi1d33d began at the beginning.

Device: Red PRS-505
Let it charge from the USB for a while before trying to start it. Is there a red light next to the power switch?
Evi1d33d is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2009, 06:38 PM   #3
nesagwa
Connoisseur
nesagwa began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi1d33d View Post
Let it charge from the USB for a while before trying to start it. Is there a red light next to the power switch?
There wasn't when I plugged it into my PC, but I found the PSP charger and the red light is on with it. Lost that charger for months and went and bought one of those battery caddy type ones for the PSP and JUST found the old one today.

False alarm.
nesagwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 05:34 AM   #4
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
yes it's apparently normal with a very dead battery.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesagwa View Post
Right now I have it hooked to my PC via USB and no light comes on saying it's charging. Is that normal? Should I just let it sit and charge for a while?
Yes, this is normal for a flat battery. The red light can appear anywhere from 40 minutes to several hours. Make sure you plugged the Reader into a main port, not a hub (ports in the front might have problems too), and disable any auto sleep or shutdown on the PC.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert