Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 06-22-2008, 03:18 AM   #1
Mgilbride
Mgilbride began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Broke my conduit

Have just met and fallen in love with the Sunrise XP / Plucker combination.

However, in the process of setting things up I screwed something up. Any help would be much appreciated.

Running on XP SP2 with a Palm TX

1.) Installed SRXP 2.4. Got the various .dll not found errors. The SRXP and conduit worked great despite errors

2.) Errors began to annoy the daylights out of me.

3.) Uninstalled SRXP 2.4. Installed SRXP 2.3.

4.) Did a hotsync, saw no SRXP Update Progress Box pop-up during hotsync.

5.) Got impatient and decided to cancel hotsync. Crashed it.

6.) Now neither version can use the conduit despite repeated uninstall/ installs. I get a visual c++ error about termination in an unusual manner and hotsync closes/ crashes. removal of the conduit restores normal hotsync behavior.

My guess is that the hotsyn configuration file that does not get deleted during uninstal is causing the problem. But I don't know what it's called/ where it it's stored so I can delete it. Though I can still use SRXP fine and hotsync the output I like the conduit and want to restore normal function.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:52 AM   #2
Mgilbride
Mgilbride began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Ok I fixed it. Live and learn. Had to go in and delete conduit.xml in the C:\Program Files\Palm\TXP\SunriseXP folder. That restored normal function of conduit setup and hotsyncing. Only took me several hours of poking around to figure that out. Now I know where conduit setup files are.
Advert
Old 06-22-2008, 12:17 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Good job Mgilbride

Tags
conduit, configuration, crash, hotsync