Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #1
KeesH
KeesH began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Question In Calibre 0.9.16 books is see no books on my Sony reader

Today I updated to 0.9.16 and now the books on my PRS-T1 do not show, whatever I tried. Calibre says that it is connected to my Sony reader, but the contents is invisible. Never had this problem before with earlier releases, so is there a bug in this new verzion??
KeesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 AM   #2
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Assuming you have placed books before on your reader , how do you conclude that there are no books?
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 06:42 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Presumably because the "On Device" column is blank, and the "Device View" shows no content.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #4
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I assume the same, but assuming can be lethal. That's why I always ask.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #5
KeesH

Indeed, there are books on my reader and the Device column shows blank
Advert
Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #6
KeesH

I should add that in the lower left corner of Calibre it says that there is connection with the Sony Reader.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you see the content OK via Windows Explorer?
Old 01-25-2013, 07:12 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I am seeing the same thing with my two Kobo devices. The content is definitely there. And when I run calibre in debug mode, the log shows that the driver found books.

Looking at the change log, my guess is that it is related to the change for thumbnail generation. Maybe the drivers need a change to match that. I've updated my code to have a look.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I think I'll hold off on 0.9.16. Looks as if there may be a real problem here.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #10
KeesH

Well, I don't exactly know how, but the problem seems solved. I connected my reader to another PC, running Calibre 0.8.49 and there it synchronized, and all books were recognized. Then after re-connecting to my other computer, now Calibre 0.9.16 suddenly worked well.

So all looks good for now.
Thanks for your attention
Old 01-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #11
DrChiper
Bookish

There is certainly an error here as I now get the following error. Previously it worked, but now I get the same problems as indicated above. I will downgrade to 0.9.15.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0.9.16-Error.png
Views:	202
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	100029  
Old 01-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Can somebody that's seeing this problem post the log from running calibre in debug mode and conencting to a device. I cant replicate this issue and the log might help narrow down the cause.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:24 AM   #13
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The fix for me was to delete the metadata.calibre file from the device. This was rebuilt at the next connection and everything was OK.

But, I kept a copy to see what the difference was. Looking at it, I saw that I had added a new column today. As it was an experimental column to see one of the other changes on 0.9.16, I removed the column. When I connected the device again, I was back to nothing showing on the device. I have now done that a couple of times with different column types, and each time it's the same: Add or remove a column and the next time I connect my devices, it doesn't show any books on the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@davidfor: I tried the following sequence, connect device, books are recognized. Disconnect device. Add a boolean column, restart calibre, connect device. Books are still recognized.

Something you did different? Since you can reproduce the issue, can you post the debug log.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #15
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This was on a pure start calibre, attach Kobo, eject Kobo stop calibre run.

Spoiler:

calibre Debug log
calibre 0.9.16 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.3
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Starting up...
DEBUG: 0.0 No Kobo Touch, Glo or Mini appears to be connected
Started up in 27.51 seconds with 859 books
SMART_DEV ( 0.05: 0.048) startup_on_demand All IP addresses {'{CB794003-D708-4FB1-9C9A-8F233F1874E9}': [{'broadcast': '192.168.2.255', 'netmask': '255.255.255.0', 'addr': '192.168.2.177'}], '{846EE342-7039-11DE-9D20-806E6F6E6963}': [{'broadcast': '127.255.255.255', 'netmask': '255.0.0.0', 'addr': '127.0.0.1'}], '{EF741883-5784-454A-911A-B115C91D96FC}': [{'broadcast': '192.168.125.255', 'netmask': '255.255.255.0', 'addr': '192.168.125.1'}], '{7696373B-ADC7-4C80-971C-9B414777EB13}': [{'broadcast': '192.168.58.255', 'netmask': '255.255.255.0', 'addr': '192.168.58.1'}]}
SMART_DEV ( 0.19: 0.053) _attach_to_port try ip address "" on port 9090
SMART_DEV ( 1.08: 0.833) startup_on_demand listening on port 9090
SMART_DEV ( 1.24: 0.093) _attach_to_port try ip address "" on port 54982
SMART_DEV ( 1.30: 0.000) startup_on_demand broadcast socket listening on port 54982
Job: 1 Get device information started
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 1 Get device information callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device started
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - prefix='None'
DEBUG: 0.1 Version of driver: (2, 0, 5) Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.1 Version of firmware: 2.3.2 Has kepubs: True
DEBUG: 0.3 [u'#myshelves, series, #news', True, True, True, False, False, False, False, False, True, True, u'']
DEBUG: 0.3 KoboTouch:books - set_debugging_title to
DEBUG: 0.3 KoboTouch:books - length bl=0
Job: 1 Get device information finished
No details available.
DEBUG: 1.3 KoboTouch:books - length bl after sync=102
DEBUG: 1.4 KoboTouch:books - reading device database
DEBUG: 1.4 Database Version=71
DEBUG: 1.4 KoboTouch:books - shelf list: [u'Bug', u'Canada Reads', u'Chronicles of Narnia', u'Cooking', u'Cordelia Gray', u'Crochet Mystery', u'Diet', u'Finished', u'Harry Palmer', u'Inspector Adam Dalgliesh', u'Inspector Rebus', u'Library', u'Manuals', u'Silo', u'Star eBooks', u'Summer Camp', u'Swallows and Amazons', u'The Potato Factory', u'To Read', u'Shortlist', u'Wishlist']
DEBUG: 1.4 KoboTouch:books - query= select Title, Attribution, DateCreated, ContentID, MimeType, ContentType, ImageID, ReadStatus, ___ExpirationStatus, FavouritesIndex, Accessibility, IsDownloaded, Series, SeriesNumber from content where BookID is Null and Accessibility <> 6 and IsDownloaded in ('true', 1) and not ((___ExpirationStatus=3 or ___ExpirationStatus is Null) )
DEBUG: 1.4 KoboTouch:books - looping on database - row=0
DEBUG: 1.4 KoboTouch:books - title='' authors= Kobo Inc.
DEBUG: 1.4 KoboTouch:books - row= (u'', u'Kobo Inc.', None, u'file:///usr/local/Kobo/help/09UserGuide-Contacting_FNAC.kepub.epub', u'application/x-kobo-epub+zip', u'6', None, 0, 0, -1, 1, 1, None, None)
DEBUG: 7.5 KoboTouch:books - automatically managing metadata
DEBUG: 7.5 KoboTouch:books - about to sync_booklists
DEBUG: 7.5 USBMS: starting sync_booklists
DEBUG: 7.8 USBMS: finished sync_booklists
DEBUG: 7.8 KoboTouch:books - have done sync_booklists
DEBUG: 7.8 KoboTouch:books - end - oncard='None'
DEBUG: 7.8 KoboTouch:books - oncard='carda'
DEBUG: 7.8 KoboTouch:books - Asked to process 'carda', but do not have one!
DEBUG: 7.8 KoboTouch:books - oncard='cardb'
DEBUG: 7.8 KoboTouch:books - Asked to process 'cardb', but do not have one!
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device done, calling callback
DeviceJob: 2 Get list of books on device callback returned
Job: 2 Get list of books on device finished
No details available.
READING LIST: Device disconnected
ITUNES.shutdown()

Last edited by PeterT; 01-25-2013 at 08:47 AM.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote