Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 03-05-2013, 01:43 PM   #1726
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
...and it refers to what exactly?

The whole series - he hasn't started it yet. I keep waiting for Storm Front to move off of his to-read shelf on GR because I'm curious to find out if he likes it.\

Edited to add - he hasn't even had it on the shelf long, but you can believe I noticed it when he did. I'm not a shelf-stalker, we're GR friends so I get updates.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:25 PM   #1727
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
The whole series - he hasn't started it yet. I keep waiting for Storm Front to move off of his to-read shelf on GR because I'm curious to find out if he likes it.\

Edited to add - he hasn't even had it on the shelf long, but you can believe I noticed it when he did. I'm not a shelf-stalker, we're GR friends so I get updates.
Stalk away!!!

Yes, I will start Storm Front once I am done reading my Civil War mega-book.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 02:31 PM   #1728
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
but I've read the complete series 3 times now except for Ghost Story only twice and Cold Days just once.
So are you going to do reread number 4 once the next book is released? I think it's going to be my new tradition, to reread the series from beginning to end (with Side jobs now yaaayyy!) every time a new book is released. The first 3 times I reread the series was just because I couldn't get enough of Harry .
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #1729
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool A 4th re-read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
So are you going to do reread number 4 once the next book is released? I think it's going to be my new tradition, to reread the series from beginning to end (with Side jobs now yaaayyy!) every time a new book is released. The first 3 times I reread the series was just because I couldn't get enough of Harry .
After a release date is announced and as that date approaches it'll depend on how I feel about a re-read at that time. The probability of my 4th re-read at that time though, is pretty good I suppose.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #1730
Abtacha
Addict
Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Abtacha ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
New Series

Thought some of you might be interested to know that Jim just signed a deal for a new steampunk series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim-butcher.com

Congrats to Jim for selling the first three books in a new steampunk series, The Cinder Spires!

From Publishers Weekly:

Penguin Group is continuing its relationship with bestselling fantasy writer Jim Butcher. The author of the Dresden Files and Codex Alera closed a seven-figure, three-book deal with his current publisher for a new series. Anne Sowards, at Roc, took world English rights to The Cinder Spires: The Aeronaut’s Windlass, and two sequels, from agent Jennifer Jackson at Donald Maass Literary. Butcher recently published the 14th book in the Dresden Files, a series that has been adapted to TV (on SyFy channel) and turned into a comic book (published by Dynamite Entertainment). The Cinder Spires, Jackson said, is set in a world “of black spires that tower for miles over a mist-shrouded surface” and follows a war between two of the Spires: Spire Albion and Spire Aurora.

At the Reddit AMA a few months ago, Jim said, “It’s kinda League of Extraordinary Gentlemen meets Sherlock meets Hornblower. There are goggles and airships and steam power and bizarre crystal technology and talking cats, who are horrid little bullies.”

Jim is still writing the first book, The Aeronaut’s Windlass, so we don’t have a release date yet. We’ll let you know as soon as there’s something to announce!
Abtacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #1731
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
Thought some of you might be interested to know that Jim just signed a deal for a new steampunk series.
Bad news. It means longer before more Harry.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #1732
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abtacha View Post
That sounds interesting. I like talking cats - wonder if Sith reappears.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Bad news. It means longer before more Harry.
Nah, would not worry too much about it. Jim whips out books pretty quick when he is motivated. Harry has been done for quite a while now, all that needs done is fill in the gaps ...
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #1733
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
That sounds interesting. I like talking cats - wonder if Sith reappears.

Nah, would not worry too much about it. Jim whips out books pretty quick when he is motivated. Harry has been done for quite a while now, all that needs done is fill in the gaps ...
I agree, I don't think this will affect the next Dresden book being released. This new series sounds really cool, but I have to get into Codex Alera before thinking about anything else from him yet. Trying to keep myself in some kind of order. So many books, so little time .
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #1734
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool The Dresden Files

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Stalk away!!!

Yes, I will start Storm Front once I am done reading my Civil War mega-book.
Welcome to The Dresden Files thread, friend of 'Christa Evil Hat'! May you read the entire Dresden Files series and post a lot here!

Last edited by alansplace; 03-09-2013 at 05:38 PM. Reason: oops!
Old 03-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #1735
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Welcome to The Dresden Files thread, friend of 'Christa Bad Hat'! May you read the entire Dresden Files series and post a lot here!

Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:38 PM   #1736
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Jim & Shannon, high school sweethearts!

Dresden Files & Romance novel author couple - March 24, 2007

The writer/creator of the Dresden Files Jim Butcher posing with his wife Shannon, a successful writer of Paranormal Romance and Romantic Suspense Novels, at their booth in the Dealers Room.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #1737
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool your hat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Thank you, nice interview. Even when less and less new information surfaces for me. Hey what happened to your hat?
Hat!? What Hat?! I don't own a hat!!!

Old 03-12-2013, 07:30 PM   #1738
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
If Jim Butcher would give a few less interviews, he might have time to get some writing done.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:44 PM   #1739
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool WHAT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricorn View Post
If Jim Butcher would give a few less interviews, he might have time to get some writing done.
Do you really mean that?! He's published 20 novels 15 short stories/novellas and several (I don't know the number) comics/graphic novels since 2000. That's certainly nothing to sneeze at! At least in my opinion.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #1740
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Hat!? What Hat?! I don't own a hat!!!

Your avatar owned a hat, unless it was photoshopped in ...

Have to get used to the new one.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy