Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 07:02 PM   #16
Bev M
Enthusiast
Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.Bev M is no ebook tyro.

Device: JetBook Lite
Thank you!
Bev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
YW, hedy.

The under-$5.00 fee didn't have anything to do with the Buywise club - it had to do with passing on credit card fees for small transactions and was the reason they instituted micropay in the first place so we could avoid that. So either they have stopped passing on those charges or you are all avoiding that by using Paypal.
I have used both Credit Cards and Paypal and never been charged a fee for under $5. Now Books On Board charges a under $5 fee but I've never been charged one buying from Fictionwise. When I started buying from them I always bought under $5 so they must of did away with that before I started shopping there. Maybe it was when B&N took them over?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #18
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Oh, interesting, Blossom. It must be because they don't allow depositing to micropay anymore, which makes sense.

Thanks for that info because once in awhile I do want to just buy one book under $5.00. I just wish they would let us know about these changes.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:31 AM   #19
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Spoiler:
3.83 - 1 Tea with the Black Dragon [MultiFormat] by R. A. MacAvoy
3.83 - 1 Smoke Ghost & Other Apparitions [MultiFormat] by Fritz Leiber
3.44 - 1 Thirty-Three Teeth [MultiFormat] by Colin Cotterill
3.44 - 1 The Coroner's Lunch [MultiFormat] by Colin Cotterill
0.77 - 1 While She Was Out [MultiFormat] by Ed Bryant (Story that was the basis for the movie with Kim Basinger)
1.91 - 1 Working Murder [MultiFormat] by Eleanor Boylan
1.91 - 1 Murder Observed [MultiFormat] by Eleanor Boylan
1.91 - 1 Murder Crossed [MultiFormat] by Eleanor Boylan
2.30 - 1 Fury [Secure eReader] by Henry Kuttner
2.68 - 1 Fuzz [A Novel of the 87th Precinct] [Secure eReader] by Ed McBain (First Ed McBain novel)
0.38 - 1 Testament of Andros [MultiFormat] by James Blish
0.77 - 1 Come And Go Mad and Other Stories [MultiFormat] by Fredric Brown
1.53 - 1 The Earth Killers and Other Stories [MultiFormat] by A. E. Van Vogt
1.72 - 1 Death Quotient and Other Stories [MultiFormat] by John D. MacDonald
2.30 - 1 77 Rue Paradis [MultiFormat] by Gil Brewer
1.53 - 1 Joe Puma, P.I. [MultiFormat] by William Campbell Gault
1.33 - 1 Transient [MultiFormat] by Ward Moore
-----
35.58 - Total
Old 06-21-2011, 03:57 AM   #20
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
What's the sitch with Fictionwise and DRM? I noticed books from Oxford and Random House on that site. I might be interested in buying if I could actually load the same book onto my various non-Amazon readers (and later ones I might buy eventually).

Edit: After scrutinizing said site, I realized that only multiformat books were available for Sony Readers and the Kindle, which leaves out the two secure-e-book-only presses I happened to mention above.

Last edited by Prestidigitweeze; 06-21-2011 at 04:07 AM.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 04:02 AM   #21
NightBird
Wizard

They do have some books without DRM and are multiformat, but mostly the smaller and Indie publishers. Random House and Oxford use DRM. The only secure format they offer now is eReader, which cannot be read on Sony readers.

Jetbook Lite reads it and I think maybe the original nook.

Last edited by NightBird; 06-21-2011 at 04:09 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:09 AM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Just bought 3 more

Spoiler:
2.70 - 1 The Captain's Lady [MultiFormat] by Lorhainne Eckhart
2.03 - 1 Intimate Knowledge [Secure eReader] by Julie Miller
2.03 - 1 Carnal innocence [Secure eReader] by Julie Miller

There is an Andriod app for Secure Ereader as well. I use my phone and my mom is bringing me an Andriod Tablet up in September so I am stocking up!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:59 PM   #23
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Just bought 3 more

Spoiler:
2.70 - 1 The Captain's Lady [MultiFormat] by Lorhainne Eckhart
2.03 - 1 Intimate Knowledge [Secure eReader] by Julie Miller
2.03 - 1 Carnal innocence [Secure eReader] by Julie Miller

There is an Andriod app for Secure Ereader as well. I use my phone and my mom is bringing me an Andriod Tablet up in September so I am stocking up!
Old 06-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #24
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Code's still working as of right now in case anyone needs more books
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #25
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Code's still working as of right now in case anyone needs more books
Aaaaaah...."need" and "want" are two different things....
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 08:35 AM   #26
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Just so you know, the code's no longer working.

Ah, well. In multiformat, found only these:

100 Jolts: Shockingly Short Stories, by Michael Arnzen, and a few too-early novels by Samuel Delaney (which I nearly bought because he's a friend and a great human being).

Didn't find anything by any of these writers (if you find any of them in multiformat, please let me know):

Colson Whitehead, Cecil Brown, Eliot Weinberger, Judith Butler, Paul Virilio, Rebecca Solnit, Hélène Cixous, Albert Murray, Darryl Pinckney, Abbas Beydoun, Amjad Nasser, Venus Khoury-Ghata, Pankaj Mishra, Anita Desai, Sudeep Sen, Daljit Nagra, Mimi Khalvati. Jhumpa Lahiri, Marilyn Chin, Mong Lan, Timothy Liu, Ravi Shankar, A.B. Yehoshua, Amos Oz, Harold Schimmel, Elaine Feinstein, George Szirtes, Danny Abse, Jackie Kay, Bernadine Evaristo and Andrea Levy.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote