Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
kuklachica
Enthusiast
kuklachica began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/WiFi
Adding books to Calibre from the Kindle?

How do I add books from my Kindle to Calibre so I can manage my library there?

And can I delete a book from my Kindle through Calibre?

thank you!
kuklachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Connect the Kindle via USB. Calibre should then detect it and load a list of the books on the device. Once that's done, right click on any entry, and you'll get the option of copying it to your library and of deleting it.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 06:50 PM   #3
kuklachica
Enthusiast

I tried this but it gives me an error message, as if it can't upload azw files.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
That's weird, Calibre should at least be able to up- and download AZW files, I believe. Depending on DRM you may not be able to edit them, though. What exactly is the error message?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I use the Manage my Kindle page to download my books to kindle4PC. Then, I can just point Calibre there, and it will import them. If I have certain plug-ins installed, they will be DRM free.

I find Calibre invaluable to manage my library. If you point it to dropbox, your library will be backed up to the clouds. And, if you have a wi-fi kindle, you can use the content manager to email books to your kindle. And, I just found out that if you try to email a book not in mobi format, Calibre will ask you if you want to convert it, and will automatically make a mobi version and email it to your kindle! Really cool - if you need any help, just ask!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 09:06 PM   #6
kuklachica
Enthusiast

The error message I receive is:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 01-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #7
kuklachica
Enthusiast

I just tried adding a book from my Kindle for Mac books and it gave me the same message.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:22 PM   #8
kuklachica
Enthusiast

I figured it out. I had to add my Kindle's serial number somewhere and now it is working! Thank you for the help!!