Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-16-2010, 02:45 PM   #1
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
File I sent/converted has my email as Author

I would prefer not to have my email showing on the Home Page showing my various books. Is there a way to remove that portion of the data (meta-data?) so it only shows the title of the item I sent. In the documents folder I see it as xxxxxx.azw and the xxxx.mbp files. So, obviously encoded or DRMed when I sent it. It is merely an html file with links to use with the browser.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
I don't know because I haven't tried but perhaps Calibre might be able to change this data. If you have Calibre installed already, I would definitely say load it up, plug you kindle in, change the author data and fingers crossed this change will be reflected on your kindle.

If you don't already have Calibre, it might be worth asking if it will change the author info on your personal file in the Calibre forum here.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2010, 06:54 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
I don't know because I haven't tried but perhaps Calibre might be able to change this data. If you have Calibre installed already, I would definitely say load it up, plug you kindle in, change the author data and fingers crossed this change will be reflected on your kindle.

If you don't already have Calibre, it might be worth asking if it will change the author info on your personal file in the Calibre forum here.
For that matter, you could have calibre do the conversion and set the metadata at that time.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
The .mbp files are where your bookmarks and annotations are stored. It is generated by your Kindle.

If you want to alter the metadata like Title then use the Calibre software package as the others have suggested. I've never actually checked to see if the personal documents use the Kindle DRM or not. The downside to using Calibre is that you need to connect via USB to do it.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
The .mbp files are where your bookmarks and annotations are stored. It is generated by your Kindle.

If you want to alter the metadata like Title then use the Calibre software package as the others have suggested. I've never actually checked to see if the personal documents use the Kindle DRM or not. The downside to using Calibre is that you need to connect via USB to do it.
Actually that is not true: you can have calibre send anything in your library to the Kindle via email (using its @kindle.com email address).
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2010, 07:12 PM   #6
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Actually that is not true: you can have calibre send anything in your library to the Kindle via email (using its @kindle.com email address).
Ah yes. Good point. I for some weird reason was thinking of Amazon conversion and then you altering it using Calibre and then putting it back
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Thanks for the replies. I used Calibre to change meta data and then convert it to mobi format. I erased the ones on my k3 and sent over the mobi versions.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote