Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-20-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
uglyoldbob
uglyoldbob began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
list view

So I like the list view because it shows more files on the screen, however there is a major problem.
How can I see filenames of electronic documents instead of what the document thinks the title is (usually something not helpful like "NONE" or "Full page fax print") ? I can no longer tell which document I am going to open before I actually open it.
uglyoldbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:31 AM   #2
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I do not have latest version, but I think that it is not possible to see file names. That is the main reason, I didn't install it, as I have no infotags in most of my documents....

It should be solved in the next firmware update. I am looking forward to.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Next Monday I will publish new update, where you can select in settings between title view and file name view.

UPD: Short dellay :/
A new additional setting to toggle the metadata pre-fetching will be added now.
In some cases the metadata pre-fetching causes waiting times in using UI (e.g. if you have 10k files on your SD Card) .

The firmware will be available tomorrow.

Last edited by Booxtor; 07-23-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
patmo141
patmo141 began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox m92
will that be a per file setting or a global setting?
patmo141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:46 AM   #5
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Next Monday I will publish new update, where you can select in settings between title view and file name view.
Great! I am looking forward to.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote