Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-08-2022, 12:03 AM   #1
elmer2flp
elmer2flp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello!

I am a newbie with an old Kindle Touch. I am wondering if there is any way to make an image or backup of my entire Kindle Touch, in case it crashes and I have to migrate to contents to another Kindle Touch
elmer2flp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 12:12 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

Are the books on your Kindle downloaded from Amazon or sideloaded? If they're Amazon books, they already are backed up on your Kindle account and you can download them to your next Kindle directly from Amazon. If they're sideloaded, do you have the originals on your computer or on an external drive somewhere?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2022, 02:06 AM   #3
elmer2flp
elmer2flp began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Backup

The books are both from Amazon and sideloaded, so I have a copy of everything. I just would rather not restore them tediously, one by one

I'm looking for a more fundamental backup, like a clone or image of everything on the entire device, if this is possible.

An example would be the entire backup of my PC which I can do with Acronis (wonderful software!), so I can restore the entire contents of my old PC hard drive in one simple operation onto a new PC hard drive, in case the old one fails.

Another example is the image (backup) I can make of my entire Android phone using Android SDK, so I can restore the entire contents of the old phone onto a new phone if the old one fails (or falls into water).
elmer2flp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2022, 08:33 PM   #4
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Calibre. It's free (though donations are accepted and welcome), and will help you manage your library going forward. Calibre is fully supported here on MobileRead and is regularly updated.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup, image, kindle