Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-22-2022, 08:58 AM   #16
Liesse
Zealot
Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Liesse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma
I did something I should have done ages ago for this release. I used 'kobopatch.yaml' to patch rather than typing "yes" against all the patches I want in each file.

Much to my susprise, I didn't stuff it up, and all worked. I have no idea why I didnt do this ages ago. Easier updates in future for me!

Thank you to everyone for all your work on the patches.
Liesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 08:36 PM   #17
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
I am not sure what I did wrong but the sideloaded Unicode font (Bookerly) doesn't seem to work on the book lists under Collection or Author for this new update. I updated my Aura H2O v1 to the latest firmware kobo-update-4.31.19086, and am using kobopatch_4.31.19086.

What I did was changing the following section:

Code:
Custom collection/author header title font:
  - Enabled: yes
  - Description: |
      Change font appearance in Collection and Author list header
      See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3520879&postcount=42
      fw 4.17.13694 rewritten by jackie_w to replace 
      oren64's patch "Custom font to collection and author titles"
      fw 4.23.15505 Author/Series/Collection list headers no longer forced to uppercase
  - FindZlib: "#scrollContainer[containerSpacing=true]" # qss/DragonLibraryView.qss
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        # #header #headerTitle Change font-family, font-size
        #
        # Change font-family. 
        # Note: If new font-family name contains spaces wrap in 'single quotes'
        #       e.g. 'Kobo Nickel'
        # Un-comment & edit next line to change font-family
        - {Find: "font-family: Avenir;", Replace: "font-family:Bookerly;"}
The other fixes such as "Custom header/footer captions" and "Custom page navigation scrubber" work correctly. Thank you very much. M
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20220123121116.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	329.5 KB
ID:	191795   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG20220123121240.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	369.8 KB
ID:	191796  
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2022, 09:00 PM   #18
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimosavj View Post
I am not sure what I did wrong but the sideloaded Unicode font (Bookerly) doesn't seem to work on the book lists under Collection or Author for this new update.
This patch changes the headers. It works, as you can see from your screenshot.
I marked it in red.

You need to change the system font.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323350
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	166.7 KB
ID:	191798  

Last edited by Semwize; 01-22-2022 at 09:03 PM.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 09:33 PM   #19
mimosavj
Addict
mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mimosavj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, Nook HD+, Aura HD, Aura H2O v1, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
This patch changes the headers. It works, as you can see from your screenshot.
I marked it in red.

You need to change the system font.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=323350
Thank you very much, I completely forgot that I had to change system fonts. Everything works correctly now. M
mimosavj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 10:28 AM   #20
JVT038
JVT038 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I've seen these Kobo Path threads pop up from time to time, and I'm interested in patching my Kobo device, but there's still one thing unclear to me: What does patching actually do? If I install this, what happens? What changes?
JVT038 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2022, 10:43 AM   #21
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVT038 View Post
I've seen these Kobo Path threads pop up from time to time, and I'm interested in patching my Kobo device, but there's still one thing unclear to me: What does patching actually do? If I install this, what happens? What changes?
The descriptions are in the files. You read the description and decide whether to enable the patch or not. There are many and some are mutually exclusive, so you can't enable them all in any case.

For example: there's a patch that enables the weight adjustment for sideloaded fonts; another that lets you customize the font sizes or margins further than the default options; several patches make various adjustments to the home screen layout, the headers and footers, the book details; and so on.

Last edited by Sirtel; 01-29-2022 at 10:47 AM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 02:10 PM   #22
Simboubou
Connoisseur
Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Welp, looks like I finally messed up my kobopatching.

The kobo is stuck in a loop where it starts, freezes, and restarts. I'm able to force it off, but then pressing the reset button with a pin doesn't seem to do anything.

Am I doomed ? Is there any other way to force reset it ?
Simboubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 08:28 PM   #23
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simboubou View Post

The kobo is stuck in a loop where it starts, freezes, and restarts. I'm able to force it off, but then pressing the reset button with a pin doesn't seem to do anything.

The pinhole reset button only restarts the device. And it doesn't do anything when the device is powered off. It is mainly useful when the device hangs.

It sounds lie you will need to do a factory reset. In the state it is in, you will need to use the last method on https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kobo_Reset:_Glo_HD.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 08:32 PM   #24
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Ido not think it is the patching that messed up your device. FW 4.31 is the culprit most probably
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 08:53 PM   #25
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simboubou View Post

Which patches did you apply? There are very few which could cause a bootloop.

Does it get to the home screen at any point? If not, the issue may have been while you copied the KoboRoot.tgz.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 03:34 AM   #26
Simboubou
Connoisseur
Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Only the ones I always use: the footer/header heights, the line spaces and margins values, and the enable rotation ones. All on nickel, I only read kepubs.

What's wrong with firmware 4.31 ?

It does read the home screen. If a computer is plugged in, the connect to a computer popup appears. But then I can't clicl anywhere.

I tried the "tap both corners of the screen" method, but it didn't do anything different.

EDIT: phew, looks like getting the internal sd card out and loading the original KoboRoot worked. I'll try to patch it once again and if it fails again, I'll just give up.

RE-EDIT: it worked ! I think I know what I did wrong: it looks like I messed up when retrieving my kobopatch configuration file and ended up sideloading a patched version of an older firmware. Which kobopatch clearly says not to do.

Last edited by Simboubou; 02-05-2022 at 06:41 AM.
Simboubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 01:03 PM   #27
skybook
Enthusiast
skybook began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
For example: there's a patch that enables the weight adjustment for sideloaded fonts; another that lets you customize the font sizes or margins further than the default options; several patches make various adjustments to the home screen layout, the headers and footers, the book details; and so on.
For some unknown reason, this patch no longer works for me. Is it possible that it no longer works? I haven't updated my kobo for a couple of years, and the last patch I used that worked for me was back when it was called 'Freedom to advanced fonts control'.
skybook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 01:42 PM   #28
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybook View Post
For some unknown reason, this patch no longer works for me. Is it possible that it no longer works? I haven't updated my kobo for a couple of years, and the last patch I used that worked for me was back when it was called 'Freedom to advanced fonts control'.
It's working for me on 4.30 firmware. I guess it works on the latest as well, as there have not been any outcries.
Old 02-06-2022, 11:05 PM   #29
skybook
Enthusiast
skybook began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
It's working for me on 4.30 firmware. I guess it works on the latest as well, as there have not been any outcries.
That's so strange. Do you know if there were any major changes to the fonts that worked in 2020 vs now? I'm using the same TTF fonts.

If possible, could you post what type of font file you're using??
skybook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2022, 11:49 PM   #30
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybook View Post
That's so strange. Do you know if there were any major changes to the fonts that worked in 2020 vs now? I'm using the same TTF fonts.

If possible, could you post what type of font file you're using??
Not to my knowledge. I use the same font files I have used since 2019. They're TTF files too.

Perhaps you have a typo in your patch, a space where it shouldn't be or none where there should be? It's easy to make those mistakes.

Edit: apparently there are bugs with fonts in the latest firmware, especially in epubs. Do you have 4.31?

Last edited by Sirtel; 02-06-2022 at 11:52 PM.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching