Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-08-2014, 05:15 PM   #1
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
Violin creation myth / folk story?

There is an old folk story about this:

TRANSYLVANIAN-GYPSY STORIES
No. 37.--The Creation of the Violin
http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/roma/gft/gft097.htm

Does anyone know of any other versions?

I ask this, because my daughter has reminded me of my telling her a version of this folk story, but which was slightly different --- I distinctly remember having read the version which I told her, and at the end, it was very specific that the man who picked up the instrument found it to be perfect for expressing the emotions and sorrow unique to the Romany folk.

If there is no other version, I guess I created a new folk story --- but it's very hard to prove a negative.
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
devil, folklore, gypsy, romany, violin