Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-05-2022, 05:49 PM   #1
hmw777
hmw777 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Kindle to Calibre troubleshooting

Hello there!

I am trying to add a kindle book to Calibre (for the purposes of converting it to a PDF). I downloaded Calibre (6.9) to my Mac (Ventura 13.0.1), installed it into my Applications folder. When I try to add a new book in Calibre, I get the following message (any help would be greatly appreciated - than you in advance!!) :

WARNING: Errors while adding: There were problems adding some files, click "Show details" for more information

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Failed to add the file /Applications/Kindle.app to the book: /Applications/Kindle
With error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/add.py", line 487, in add_formats
File "calibre/db/cache.py", line 1810, in add_format
IsADirectoryError: [Errno 21] Is a directory: '/Applications/Kindle.app'
hmw777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 06:47 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Hello and welcome to MobileRead!

First, read this about dealing with Kindle books and Calibre:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...61&postcount=1

And if you want to convert Kindle books, you'll need the noDRM plugin for Calibre. You can get it from here:
https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle, mac