Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-23-2022, 01:07 AM   #31
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
So, I was in the mood to buy the Kobo Libra 2, even at the full price, and decided to buy from Amazon because they would deliver it sooner.

Amazon delivered the package a while ago and opening it, I found a 15" wooden bridge candle holder. The package was marked as containing lithium batteries.

In my mind, I'm trying to connect it somehow to the original $119 offer, the seller of which was so vague. Looking at the Amazon site it looks a little vague as to where the item is coming from. An elaborate scam?

I note that the reader is $20 off everywhere, and would advise any potential buyers not to buy from Amazon.

Jim
That's creepy af. I wonder if something like that would have happened if the product to be delivered was a Kindle.

Looks almost like Amazon is using corporate terrorism techniques in order to make sure their flagship e-reader will keep its dominant market share.

"Oh, so you want to buy a KOBO, instead of a Kindle?? REALLY?? Then we'll send you this 15 inch Wooden Bridge Candle Holder, hope you have a good read between its lines."

Click image for larger version

Name:	candle.jpg
Views:	2835
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	197932
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 05:32 AM   #32
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
That's creepy af. I wonder if something like that would have happened if the product to be delivered was a Kindle.

Looks almost like Amazon is using corporate terrorism techniques in order to make sure their flagship e-reader will keep its dominant market share.

"Oh, so you want to buy a KOBO, instead of a Kindle?? REALLY?? Then we'll send you this 15 inch Wooden Bridge Candle Holder, hope you have a good read between its lines."

Attachment 197932

It's interesting how interpretations can differ. It's quite obvious that one of two things has happened:

(1) Kobo has gone bankrupt and now sells candle holders.
(2) Kobo no longer incorporates a front light in their readers; hence, the candle holder.

If I can help with further interpretations, please let me know.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 07:18 AM   #33
Comfy.n
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
It's interesting how interpretations can differ. It's quite obvious that one of two things has happened:

(2) Kobo no longer incorporates a front light in their readers; hence, the candle holder.

evidently!
Old 11-23-2022, 03:14 PM   #34
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Kobo no longer incorporates a front light in their readers; hence, the candle holder.
Too many people complained that the warm light wasn't natural enough, so Kobo is taking extreme measures to rectify the situation.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 04:45 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
Too many people complained that the warm light wasn't natural enough, so Kobo is taking extreme measures to rectify the situation.
It's because the warm light isn't warm enough.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 08:13 PM   #36
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:

Attachment 197932
It was this last spring, we ordered a SD drive. We got a black hair band.

At least Amazon was good about it. We filed on the order that the product was missing about 10 minutes after we got it, and they immediately sent out another one (after asking if we'd like a replacement or refund) and we got the replacement the next morning, overnight delivery.

They never even asked for a pic or anything. And I think it was sent from a different warehouse.

Probably held up shipments from that one warehouse until they could inspect the supply. The hairband was in a small pouch, with the label and name of the hard drive on it, with the scanner code. So we figued they'd gotten a fake shipment, and it was just all stocked according to the scanner info. And pulled off the shelf by that same info.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 08:47 PM   #37
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Seller BJHKKJB no longer has any items listed and is starting to receive feedback from sales.

Name:	A55B2776-1C41-4468-A70F-09E9FC7C66ED.png
Views:	5096
Size:	284.6 KB
ID:	197967
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 04:18 AM   #38
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It's because the warm light isn't warm enough.
Yeah, I still have to have the heater on, even when using the warm light
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 04:21 AM   #39
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Seller BJHKKJB no longer has any items listed and is starting to receive feedback from sales.

Attachment 197967
I'm shocked!

Old 11-24-2022, 04:23 AM   #40
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:

I think you're being paranoid. It isn't something Amazon is doing. It's a scammy seller on their platform.

And to anyone that ordered, come on. If it's too good to be true, it probably is. Didn't anyone listen to their grandparents?
Old 11-24-2022, 04:42 AM   #41
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:

LMAO
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 04:54 AM   #42
Comfy.n

On a serious note, I hope the customers that bought into that scam had no trouble getting a refund...
Old 11-24-2022, 06:18 AM   #43
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post

Attachment 197967
Is it just me, or is Amazon becoming riskier to use?
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 06:53 AM   #44
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Is it just me, or is Amazon becoming riskier to use?
Just yesterday, there was an article in the WaPo entitled: It’s not your imagination: Shopping on Amazon has gotten worse. It was largely concerning how search results are overwhelmingly promotional now.

What bothers me most about the situation with this “seller” and others of its ilk, is that Amazon is making the buyers jump through so many hoops to get their money back, when it’s obvious that the seller no longer exists. Maybe that’s part of its cunning plan; make refunds for non-delivery sufficiently difficult that buyers do more due diligence on their own. We know that Amazon does none. Moreover, I assume that Amazon was able to claw back most if not all of the money paid, but they make money on the float hence the delay in refunds.

Last edited by issybird; 11-24-2022 at 10:55 AM.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 09:53 AM   #45
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
On a serious note, I hope the customers that bought into that scam had no trouble getting a refund...
Let's hope you're right. [Seriously!]

But...in the meantime, I have this for sale: [See below.]
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Trailer House for sale.jpg
Views:	4006
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	197982  
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote