Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-19-2017, 09:26 PM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
Calibre converting portrait odt to landscape epub

How can I convert a portrait-mode odt to a portrait-mode epub?

I don't see anything under Page Setup or anywhere else.

I looked in the online manual, I searched for "landscape," I got this page which never uses the word landscape, nor portrait:

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conversion.html
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
How can I convert a portrait-mode odt to a portrait-mode epub?

I don't see anything under Page Setup or anywhere else.

I looked in the online manual, I searched for "landscape," I got this page which never uses the word landscape, nor portrait:

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/conversion.html
The epub output is neither portrait or landscape it is simply epub which reflows as needed by the ereader. Exactly what problem are you trying to solve?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2017, 11:06 PM   #3
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
When I open the resulting epub, my reader shows it in landscape, with page breaks in the middle of sections. But I haven't tried it with other readers.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:25 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
When I open the resulting epub, my reader shows it in landscape, with page breaks in the middle of sections. But I haven't tried it with other readers.
What happens when you open it in calibre's viewer?

Every reader I've used has allowed me to view my epub books in either landscape or portrait depending upon what I wanted on that day.

Does this happen for every epub or just this one epub?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:35 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibres viewer has no size or orientation. It shows he book on whatever screen area you give it. Tall and Narrow (like a portrait) or short and wide (like landscape).
The exception being images. They follow their styling rules.

Additionally, Calibres Viewer has a Multi Column mode (space permitting). Set in the Viewers Preferences (image attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CalibreViewercols.JPG
Views:	456
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	160123  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert