Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #16
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I do not believe the size would change. If you don't want them follow the advice in post 10 and remove them. This will eliminate them until you restart. Or remove the exception in the duplicate finder plugin as explained.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:54 PM   #17
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Hi. I've read the first few posts and I still don't understand the purpose of the orange pins. I'm using an iMac, and although I have "right-click" capability enabled, nothing happens when I try to right click on the pin. I checked to see if it had anything to do with duplicates, but there was only 1 duplicated book out of the 3 that I tried.

Further info would be greatly appreciated.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Hi. I've read the first few posts and I still don't understand the purpose of the orange pins. I'm using an iMac, and although I have "right-click" capability enabled, nothing happens when I try to right click on the pin. I checked to see if it had anything to do with duplicates, but there was only 1 duplicated book out of the 3 that I tried.

Further info would be greatly appreciated.
Don't right click ON the pin,
Right-click on the the data on that line The pin menu is the top of the list
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:24 PM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
The orange pushpins represent books that have been temporarily marked. These marks are used via many plugins and via the Temp marker feature of calibre. Previous to calibre version 1.6 this feature was implemented via a plugin and some plugins like Find Duplicates used temp marker to track items. At that time all temp marks were invisible to the user.

Quote:
Release: 1.6 [11 Oct, 2013]

New Features
  • Temporary marking of books in the library This allows you to select books from your calibre library manually and mark them. This 'mark' will remain until you restart calibre, or clear the marks. You can easily work with only the marked subset of books by right clicking the Mark Books button. To use this feature, go to Preferences->Toolbars and add the 'Mark Books' tool to the main toolbar.
If you start up your library and find books marked it is mostly likely because you marked certain books in the Find Duplicates plugin as duplicate exemptions. Those exemptions will always (or until plugin changes are made) have pushpins. You can go to the Find Duplicates menu and remove the exemptions and the pushpins will go away.

You didn't find the Temp Marker menu item when you right clicked because this feature requires the user to add it to whichever menu or toolbar they wish via Preferences -> Toolbars.

I hope this helped.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 11-12-2013 at 11:30 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:17 AM   #20
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
The orange pushpins represent books that have been temporarily marked. These marks are used via many plugins and via the Temp marker feature of calibre. Previous to calibre version 1.6 this feature was implemented via a plugin and some plugins like Find Duplicates used temp marker to track items. At that time all temp marks were invisible to the user.

If you start up your library and find books marked it is mostly likely because you marked certain books in the Find Duplicates plugin as duplicate exemptions. Those exemptions will always (or until plugin changes are made) have pushpins. You can go to the Find Duplicates menu and remove the exemptions and the pushpins will go away.

You didn't find the Temp Marker menu item when you right clicked because this feature requires the user to add it to whichever menu or toolbar they wish via Preferences -> Toolbars.

I hope this helped.
Yes, I think I got it. Thank you.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:38 AM   #21
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Yeah me too, but that's because I put Mark Books into my context menu, if I remove it then there's nothing there.

I was hoping a right click on the pin might tell me the provenance of the pin.

BR
same here - a pin has appeared for 1 book, & there's no right click menu able to remove it.
I don't have mark books in main menu - never have, don't want to have to.....

and it is not a duplicate - It might briefly have been a duplicate before I deleted something ...

how do I lose the pin without removing and re-adding the offending title ?

Last edited by cybmole; 02-26-2014 at 06:40 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:46 AM   #22
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
same here - a pin has appeared for 1 book, & there's no right click menu able to remove it.
I don't have mark books in main menu - never have, don't want to have to.....

and it is not a duplicate - It might briefly have been a duplicate before I deleted something ...

how do I lose the pin without removing and re-adding the offending title ?
@cybmole

Try Alt/Shift/M - there are kb shortcuts you can tweak

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:57 AM   #23
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i tried a restart of calibre instead & the pin went away by itself, but thanks.

Last edited by cybmole; 02-26-2014 at 07:00 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:56 PM   #24
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Using v1.25 (64 bit)

OBE : I can't see any push pins or a Menu option to Mark book. How do I get to them?

Never mind - I had customized the tool bar

Last edited by phossler; 02-26-2014 at 08:00 PM.
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 05:24 PM   #25
gteague
Zealot
gteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toys

Device: kindle v1.0
searching for a way to get rid of these (i just activated an 'auto-add' folder and checked the box to mark the new additions) i came across this thread. i tried everything in here and finally gave up and decided to go back to the preference to remove the mark when a helpful tooltip informed me these are temporary and disappear when calibre is restarted.

seems a kludge, but hey! i sure don't want to look at them once i've cleaned them up.

/guy
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:28 PM   #26
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gteague View Post
searching for a way to get rid of these (i just activated an 'auto-add' folder and checked the box to mark the new additions) i came across this thread. i tried everything in here and finally gave up and decided to go back to the preference to remove the mark when a helpf
informed me these are temporary and disappear when calibre is restarted.

seems a kludge, but hey! i sure don't want to look at them once i've cleaned them up.

/guy
In Preferences->Toolbars add the Mark Books tool to Toolbar(s) or Menu(s),

And/or in Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts->Mark Books configure a keyboard shortcut for Clear all marked books (e..g - I use ctrl+alt+M) Ψ²

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:45 PM   #27
gteague
Zealot
gteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toysgteague shares his or her toys

Device: kindle v1.0
hey, thanks mucho mate!

that calibre dude is a great programmer! i've programmed off and on but i never had the title. but when i was adding the toolbar item i went to the shortcuts to see if /clear marked/ was there was already i was thinking to myself: 'the logical thing to do would be to put a dropdown arrow on the toolbar item as some have and put the option to clear or toggle the mark in there'. and guess what--that's exactly what was done.

tks for making my life easier. i'm cleaning up all my ebooks for my new oasis (2017) and somewhere along a system restore i lost all my metadata, so i'm tediously going through my library of over 2600 one by one restoring that and it's extremely helpful to have the marks as it's easier than setting up a custom column.

i'm up to #250 as i type this, but i've been at it for 5-7 days off and on, so it's going to take awhile seeing as i'm a lot picky and quite ocd.

tks again, /guy
gteague is offline   Reply With Quote