Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-22-2017, 09:54 AM   #76
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Yeah, I intend to read more of his World's Scariest Places series. But I heard they follow a certain formula, so I'm taking a long pause between books.
Having read three of them, I disagree that they follow a formula. But that's my opinion.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:55 AM   #77
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Just got it for my 'Kindle Unlimited' account for "free".

Thank you!
Can't beat free.
Advert
Old 09-28-2017, 07:11 PM   #78
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
If you want a fine and FREE horror short story, you might want to check out Douglas Clegg.

From Amazon, here is 'The Stain: A Short Story'.

https://www.amazon.com/Stain-Short-S...s+clegg+kindle

Did I say FREE?

Yes, I said FREE!

Douglas Clegg is a wonderful horror writer.

Check him out! (Or I'll send a Halloween zombie your way. And he doesn't take tricks.)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 07:31 PM   #79
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And another FREE Douglas Clegg short story:

https://www.amazon.com/Belinda-Pool-...l+clegg+kindle
Old 09-28-2017, 07:33 PM   #80
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

And yet another Douglas Clegg that is FREE. This one is a serial killer horror novel:

https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Karma-gri...s+clegg+kindle
Advert
Old 09-29-2017, 09:58 AM   #81
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
If you want a fine and FREE horror short story, you might want to check out Douglas Clegg.

From Amazon, here is 'The Stain: A Short Story'.

https://www.amazon.com/Stain-Short-S...s+clegg+kindle
Quote:
And another FREE Douglas Clegg short story:

https://www.amazon.com/Belinda-Pool-...l+clegg+kindle
Quote:
And yet another Douglas Clegg that is FREE. This one is a serial killer horror novel:

https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Karma-gri...s+clegg+kindle
Thank you, thank you and thank you!

I do wish Clegg (or his publisher) would drop his e-book prices. I do have a few omnibuses he put out (the first three Harrow books, the three serial killer books and one that had The Attraction). I'd like to pick up e-versions of more of his stuff. But You Come When I Call You feels steep at $13 and The Halloween Man is pricey at $10.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 09:59 AM   #82
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froide View Post
So glad you created this thread; thank you.

Here are two freebies of interest, both independently published by Frank Tayell. I've read both, enjoyed them, and look forward to reading the rest of the series. These books take a fresh approach to the zombie-apocalypse genre and are better-written than some others in the genre that have been published by the Big5:

Surviving The Evacuation, Book 0.5: Zombies vs The Living Dead

Wow, thanks! I've read book 1 but didn't know there was a 0.5. And I agree, best Zombie fiction I've read!
Old 09-29-2017, 10:06 AM   #83
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
Wow, thanks! I've read book 1 but didn't know there was a 0.5. And I agree, best Zombie fiction I've read!
Gladya liked; happy to be of service.

Last edited by Froide; 09-30-2017 at 10:13 PM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 10:31 AM   #84
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Thank you, thank you and thank you!

I do wish Clegg (or his publisher) would drop his e-book prices. I do have a few omnibuses he put out (the first three Harrow books, the three serial killer books and one that had The Attraction). I'd like to pick up e-versions of more of his stuff. But You Come When I Call You feels steep at $13 and The Halloween Man is pricey at $10.

I don't know if you know this, but if you join his blog (?) or website, he sends out email whenever he has something going on sale, or something new at a special pre-sale price.

I found out about the above 3 items from this site:

http://www.freereadfeed.com/
Old 09-29-2017, 01:45 PM   #85
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't know if you know this, but if you join his blog (?) or website, he sends out email whenever he has something going on sale, or something new at a special pre-sale price.

I found out about the above 3 items from this site:

http://www.freereadfeed.com/
Thanks for that. I didn't know. So many author blogs aren't regularly updated, so I don't really follow them.
Old 09-30-2017, 03:48 PM   #86
BetterRead
Addict
BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRead ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet
Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones is currently $1.99 (price set by publisher) at the usual places.

Nominated for the Shirley Jackson Award for "Best Novel".
Nominated for the Bram Stoker Award for "Superior Achievement in a Novel".

Quote:
A spellbinding and darkly humorous coming-of-age story about an unusual boy, whose family lives on the fringe of society and struggles to survive in a hostile world that shuns and fears them.

He was born an outsider, like the rest of his family. Poor yet resilient, he lives in the shadows with his aunt Libby and uncle Darren, folk who stubbornly make their way in a society that does not understand or want them. They are mongrels, mixed blood, neither this nor that. The boy at the center of Mongrels must decide if he belongs on the road with his aunt and uncle, or if he fits with the people on the other side of the tracks.

For ten years, he and his family have lived a life of late-night exits and narrow escapes—always on the move across the South to stay one step ahead of the law. But the time is drawing near when Darren and Libby will finally know if their nephew is like them or not. And the close calls they’ve been running from for so long are catching up fast now. Everything is about to change.
This has been on my WTR list for awhile.
BetterRead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 10:31 PM   #87
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

^ And the link.....supplied by Mister Happy:

https://www.amazon.com/Mongrels-Nove...m+jones+kindle
Old 10-01-2017, 01:40 PM   #88
Kieran Seymour
Addict
Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kieran Seymour ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
There's currently some vintage horror titles reduced at Amazon UK. The first two are Monthly Deals for October.

Anno Dracula - Kim Newman - 99p
Spoiler:
It is 1888 and Queen Victoria has remarried, taking as her new consort Vlad Tepes, the Wallachian Prince infamously known as Count Dracula. Peppered with familiar characters from Victorian history and fiction, the novel tells the story of vampire Geneviève Dieudonné and Charles Beauregard of the Diogenes Club as they strive to solve the mystery of the Ripper murders. Anno Dracula is a rich and panoramic tale, combining horror, politics, mystery and romance to create a unique and compelling alternate history. Acclaimed novelist Kim Newman explores the darkest depths of a reinvented Victorian London. This brand-new edition of the bestselling novel contains unique bonus material, including a new afterword from Kim Newman, annotations, articles and alternate endings to the original novel

The Rats - James Herbert - £1.19
Spoiler:
A special fortieth anniversary edition of The Rats, the classic, bestselling novel that launched James Herbert's career.

With a foreword by Neil Gaiman.

It was only when the bones of the first devoured victims were discovered that the true nature and power of these swarming black creatures with their razor sharp teeth and the taste for human blood began to be realized by a panic-stricken city. For millions of years man and rats had been natural enemies. But now for the first time – suddenly, shockingly, horribly – the balance of power had shifted . . .

Assassin - Shaun Hutson - 99p
Spoiler:
London is gripped by the bloodiest outbreak of gang warfare ever seen.

Shootings in the street, kidnappings, bombs and car chases have become commonplace. The gutters are running red with blood and the Police are powerless to stop it.

Frank Harrison had ruled gangland unopposed for more than two years and yet someone is out to wipe him and his men from the face of the earth. Who and why?

The answer, when it comes, will test not just Harrison's courage but his sanity too. For him, there is only one way to fight back against an enemy he can barely believe he faces.

So, into this world of violence, corruption, madness and death comes the Assassin.

A force more powerful than vengeance, more lethal than a lorry full of high velocity weapons and more terrifying than any nightmare...

I can't recommend Anno Dracula highly enough. The Rats is an interesting curio, being Herbert's first novel, although he went on to write better, including Domain, which was the final part of his rats trilogy. There's not really any connection between the three, so it can be regarded as a standalone novel. And Assassin... well, it's the one that features some maggots. If you've ever read it, you'll know what I'm referring to. If you haven't, you may not want to find out...
Kieran Seymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 04:48 PM   #89
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

What's not to like about maggots?

I like maggots.

Is that bad?

Old 10-05-2017, 02:51 AM   #90
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

More cheap Richard Laymon:

The Cellar, Laymon's first book, is a buck

Endless Night is two bucks

Funland, the good doctor's favorite Laymon book is two bucks

Among the Missing is a buck

Last edited by ZodWallop; 10-06-2017 at 01:46 AM.