Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
Borrowed ebooks on the reader (e-ink) side?

I am currently using the Android version of the overdrive software to borrow epub books from my local library. Its a great service but I'm stuck reading the book on the tablet side. Does anyone know how I can get it to work on the e-ink side.

I've tried using Calibre but it won't convert because its DRM protected.
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
You have choices, Arcticmaniac!

You can download the books to your computer, and view them in Adobe Digital Editions. From there you can transfer them to your PE using the USB cable (PE should show up as a drive in ADE and you can drag books over), or you might be able to pull them from your computer over your LAN using ES File Explorer. If you can do that, then once they are in any folder on the PE you should be able to tap and have them open in the Reader.

I should have started with looking for your books in the PE file structure to see if you can just open them using the Reader without any further messing around.

Your other option is to look up the directions for removing the DRM (which we can't give here, but try googling Apprentice Alf), if you are comfortable with that, then doing the Calibre approach.

Good luck!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2011, 08:51 PM   #3
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
You have choices, Arcticmaniac!

You can download the books to your computer, and view them in Adobe Digital Editions. From there you can transfer them to your PE using the USB cable (PE should show up as a drive in ADE and you can drag books over), or you might be able to pull them from your computer over your LAN using ES File Explorer. If you can do that, then once they are in any folder on the PE you should be able to tap and have them open in the Reader.

I should have started with looking for your books in the PE file structure to see if you can just open them using the Reader without any further messing around.

Your other option is to look up the directions for removing the DRM (which we can't give here, but try googling Apprentice Alf), if you are comfortable with that, then doing the Calibre approach.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info. However i can find the file bur PE wont open it because of the drm. Iwill Google Mr alf
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:52 PM   #4
userburt
userburt began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
I also had trouble trying to do this all on the PE. If you can, first get the book into Adobe Digital Editions on a PC or Mac, and then drag it from the Adobe program onto a miniSDcard or thumbdrive or via usb to your PE.

Take a look at this tutorial for the nook:
http://beingruth.com/350/tutorial-li...ook-overdrive/

When I connect the PE to my computer, it shows up as 'Edge' on the left column of Adobe Digital Editions, and the books can be dragged onto it from the main 'Library' window.

Last edited by userburt; 07-26-2011 at 09:02 PM.
userburt is offline   Reply With Quote