Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-18-2016, 01:31 AM   #1
Isamilis
Connoisseur
Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2015, Oasis, Paperwhite 2016
Missing cover on mobi/azw3 converted from ePub

Hi everyone,

I have been searching on google and forums on this with no clue with this 'simple' problem. Apologize for newbie questions as I am still new to kindle PW3.

I have book collection in ePub, I used callibre (in OSX) to convert into mobi and azw3 and sideload them from Calibre to Kindle. However their covers sometimes show up correctly but sometimes not show up in my kindle.

I did hard reset last night and sideload all the azw3 books (the same azw3 books) right away after the reset, and surprisingly, all of them are worked fine. However, I don't think that this is the solution as the process is tedious as well.

Is there any tips or workflow for this ePub to Kindle conversion process which guarantee for success?

Thank you very much.

Last edited by Isamilis; 05-18-2016 at 01:34 AM.
Isamilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:59 AM   #2
Isamilis
Connoisseur
Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi,

Just to update. It seems the problem is due to cover size. I used calibre plugin, "Resize Cover", to resize to 217x330 (for PW3). So far it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamilis View Post
Hi everyone,

I have been searching on google and forums on this with no clue with this 'simple' problem. Apologize for newbie questions as I am still new to kindle PW3.

I have book collection in ePub, I used callibre (in OSX) to convert into mobi and azw3 and sideload them from Calibre to Kindle. However their covers sometimes show up correctly but sometimes not show up in my kindle.

I did hard reset last night and sideload all the azw3 books (the same azw3 books) right away after the reset, and surprisingly, all of them are worked fine. However, I don't think that this is the solution as the process is tedious as well.

Is there any tips or workflow for this ePub to Kindle conversion process which guarantee for success?

Thank you very much.
Old 05-19-2016, 04:23 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamilis View Post
Hi,

Just to update. It seems the problem is due to cover size. I used calibre plugin, "Resize Cover", to resize to 217x330 (for PW3). So far it works.
That's a very small cover size, and it'll look very blurry when displayed full-screen. Amazon's Kindle publishing recommendations for cover sizes are:

Quote:
A minimum of 625 pixels on the shortest side and 1000 pixels on the longest side. For best quality, your image should be 2500 pixels on the longest side.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:36 AM   #4
Isamilis
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That's a very small cover size, and it'll look very blurry when displayed full-screen. Amazon's Kindle publishing recommendations for cover sizes are:

You are correct. It is the multiply of that ratio. So it could be 500x760 or 1644x2500. Thanks!

Tags
calibre, conversion, cover, epub