Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-23-2022, 10:15 AM   #1
butterbeer
butterbeer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
[HELP] Calibre AZW3 to KFX author names are reversed

Hi!

I had my library in AZW3 format on Calibre but converted them all to KFX and sent to my kindle through Calibre again. But when I opened my Kindle, the author names are displayed as reversed under book titles. They looked fine when I had them in AZW3. For example:

It's supposed to be

eg. Isaac Asimov

but instead it looks like this:

Asimov, Isaac

are there any settings for this problem?

Thanks!

Last edited by butterbeer; 06-23-2022 at 10:19 AM.
butterbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2022, 12:34 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I thought it used to be on the Configure this device: form (right click the device icon)

OK a backdoor (Calibre not running)
In the configuration folder:
Use a TEXT ONLY (like notepad++) editor on
Code:
device_drivers_KINDLE2.py
KEEP A BACKUP

Change this section to the opposite
Code:
# use author sort
# Use author sort instead of author
use_author_sort = False
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2022, 04:50 PM   #3
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Kindle books supplied by Amazon contain author information in "Lastname, Firstname" form. This allows authors to sort in order by last name. Books created using the KFX Output plugin plugin always follow this convention.

Until recently Kindles have automatically rearranged author names so that they are displayed as "Firstname Lastname". However as part of the recent changes to the Kindle user interface, the library view now shows them as "Lastname, Firstname" instead. This was apparently done to match the way they are displayed in the Kindle apps for iOS and Android.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote