Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-21-2023, 04:44 PM   #1
sovre
Zealot
sovre began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini; iPhone; Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen)
kindle and epub with calibre?

Something I'm trying to figure out: I've heard that the Kindle can now read epub pooks, and verified this at least with the send to kindle function, sending an epub file directly, though I used to have to convert to mobi first to do that.

but when using calibre with my device connected, I still need to convert to azw3 to transfer to device. I'm wondering if there's any way to do make epub and kindle work through calibre? Or is ther some other way I could do this using my calibre library without converting everything to azw3 first? Would be very convenient!
sovre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2023, 04:56 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
They Kindle cannot read epub books - it is just that now Amazon wants that format when you send to the Kindle via email to Amazon. Amazon handles the conversion to a format handled by the Kindle in question.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote