Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 03:36 AM   #16
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to see you're still with us, Kev. Meantime, my ISP has still not re-connected me (though it was quick enough to debit me for the monthly fee the other day). Right now, I'm connected -- via a 30-yard long network cable -- stretched between the PC to my next-door neighbour's modem. At least in Leicester you have powerful UK regulation on telecom and broadband suppliers. Here in France, the industry is pretty well unreglulated, the consumer organisations are in cahoots with the servers, and the whole thing is a bloody shambles. Hoots. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 05:40 AM   #17
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
..... Here in France, the industry is pretty well unreglulated, the consumer organisations are in cahoots with the servers, and the whole thing is a bloody shambles. Hoots. Neil
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 08:17 AM   #18
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
Good to see you're still with us, Kev. Meantime, my ISP has still not re-connected me (though it was quick enough to debit me for the monthly fee the other day). Right now, I'm connected -- via a 30-yard long network cable -- stretched between the PC to my next-door neighbour's modem. At least in Leicester you have powerful UK regulation on telecom and broadband suppliers. Here in France, the industry is pretty well unreglulated, the consumer organisations are in cahoots with the servers, and the whole thing is a bloody shambles. Hoots. Neil

Neil,

Yeah we are lucky, I understand the issues in some of Europe though, well at least you are still online, one way or another, but I do hope you get connected properly soon mate,

Take Care,
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 05:14 AM   #19
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
C'est la vie, Kev. Living here does have it's up-side, though.

Hey -- if you're up and running again, we released Liza Granville's *The Tor* last week. Give me a shout if you'd like a copy in PDF, ePub or Mobi with our compliments (any other chums reading here within the next twenty-four hours or so, too).

It's an apocalyptic fantasy ... with its feet on the ground. You can read about it by going to our bookshop at the BeWrite Books site (www.bewrite.net) or, if you can't be bothered, I'll paste the back cover text to the paperback below.

How's that for a sneaky promo, exploiting the trials and tribulations of a pal back home in Leicester?

Very best. Neil

PS: Here's the blurb for *The Tor*. Up for grabs for the next day:

Among the rotting ruins and open sores of a diseased Earth, Jude – sole survivor of a solitary group of hungry travellers and scavengers – is destined for a vital task ... but those who knew what that task is are all dead.

Bewildered and questing, Jude makes an epic Odyssey across a dying and decaying landscape of corrupt countryside and crumbling cities, thinly peopled by savage killers and unworldly dreamers, in a desperate bid to discover what he is meant to do.

Along the winding way, he gathers new companions: a wretched waif, rescued from slavery and cannibalism, a mysterious woman of beauty and secrets, and an equally mysterious, though anything but beautiful, old man of unfathomable prophesies and ferocious violence. At times, Jude feels his tired old wagon horse is his only true ally as the once-clear dividing line between friend and foe becomes blurred.

In this futuristic re-telling of ancient Grail legends, Jude becomes knight errant in a joust to the death between fear and duty.

Will he become the saviour of humanity or its doomed scapegoat at the end of days ... when his quest finally brings him to The Tor?

With characters that become as familiar as personal friends and enemies, a story that is both vaguely remembered and vividly fresh, and pages that seem to turn in the wind, Liza Granville inspires her reader to ask, for new reasons, the age-old question ... is our very presence on the only planet we know intimately the problem or the solution? Are we Mother Nature’s children or her killer?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	drm_free_green with bb.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	53611  
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote