Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
Pocket Edge price at Amazon

Saw on Amazon.com selling for $249.99 for the black color .. Red one still selling at $360+

Tempted and ordered the black one just now ..
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Nice! Well, if anything, it seems like our community is growing.
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
inkyfantastic
inkyfantastic began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Pocket Edge
There's a new PE selling on ebay for a Buy It Now prices of $199 plus $15 shipping. That's a steal!
inkyfantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
stjoe
Connoisseur

Wow .. today saw the price of PE dropped further on Amazon.com

Now $226.95 ..
Old 04-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
liquidation sales, maybe? get more cash before folding up their tent, hope not it's a neat device idea, both sizes.
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #6
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
Price reduction to spur sales/get them into more hands? A batch where the costs were much lower due to economies of scale so they can lower the MSRP?
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #7
Batman Jr.
Unstoppably Curious
Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.Batman Jr. knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle 3/Fire; BB Z10; enTourage eDGe/Pocket eDGe; iPad4/iPod touch 5
Price at Amazon is now $199.95
Batman Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Awesome! No guarantee it will last. I bought my PE for $327 after dithering on a Newegg price of $300 which went away just before I made up my mind.

I don't regret paying $327 for a fine device. Kinda wish I'd shelled out a little bit more for the EE instead. I would love to have the extra space (EE), but love the portability (PE). I'm watching ebay for a bargain EE now!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #9
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
grrr.... must not buy......
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
inkyfantastic
inkyfantastic began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge, Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Awesome! No guarantee it will last. I bought my PE for $327 after dithering on a Newegg price of $300 which went away just before I made up my mind.

I don't regret paying $327 for a fine device. Kinda wish I'd shelled out a little bit more for the EE instead. I would love to have the extra space (EE), but love the portability (PE). I'm watching ebay for a bargain EE now!
Someone's selling theirs on the Forum for $100.
inkyfantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:46 PM   #11
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I saw that!! Seriously thinking about it . . . . . . .
Old 04-07-2011, 11:01 PM   #12
stjoe
Connoisseur

woowww $199, just few days after I bought my PE at $249 ..
Old 04-08-2011, 09:57 AM   #13
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman Jr. View Post
Price at Amazon is now $199.95
Watching to see if they go lower, and may get a PE; for the heck of it.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #14
janhall_us
Enthusiast
janhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguejanhall_us can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle2, Pocket eDGe, (full-size) eDGe, Nexus 7, Galaxy Note 10.1
Bargain eDGes

Got a "didn't like" Buy It Now deal on eBay on an EE yesterday for $160 (!!!) The deals are out there, you just have to be patient. I'd had the eBay saved search e-mailing me daily for a couple months before yesterday's steal.
janhall_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #15
Filark

Congrats on your EE, janhall! I have ebay sending to me, too, but somehow missed that one. Oh well -- haven't convinced my husband yet that I "need" 2 eDGes! (Close -- he will come around. )

About the $199.95 PE on Amazon: It is sold through the Amazon Marketplace by Worldwide Distributors, not by Amazon itself. The other Pocket eDGes listed on Amazon are at higher price points ($249-$349 roughly). I checked Worldwide Distributors' website. A search for enTourage came up with nothing, so I am guessing this is one vendor that (who?) has decided to sell off their stock and stop carrying the device. It is not a reflection of enTourage company pricing (I think).

So if you want 'em, grab 'em!!