Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-04-2018, 06:15 AM   #1
Rindr
Rindr will become famous soon enoughRindr will become famous soon enoughRindr will become famous soon enoughRindr will become famous soon enoughRindr will become famous soon enoughRindr will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura ONE
Dictionary plugin in Sigil? For example Oxford-English Dictionary.

Hi. I'm new to Sigil and how plugins work but are trying to learn.

Is there a plugin or another way to choose a specific online dictionary in Sigil?

I'm not a native English speaker so when I'm writing in English I sometimes mix US and UK spellings in the same text. I have noticed that when I use "spellcheck" in Sigil set to EN-GB it doesnt highlight all the misspelled words.

Some modern UK spellings are the same as in US but when I'm writing a dialogue set in the Regency period in England for example I would like to use more old-fashioned spelling.

Or if there is another way to do this that I have not thought of I would be very glad for some suggestions.
Rindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:10 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rindr View Post
Hi. I'm new to Sigil and how plugins work but are trying to learn.

Is there a plugin or another way to choose a specific online dictionary in Sigil?

I'm not a native English speaker so when I'm writing in English I sometimes mix US and UK spellings in the same text. I have noticed that when I use "spellcheck" in Sigil set to EN-GB it doesnt highlight all the misspelled words.

Some modern UK spellings are the same as in US but when I'm writing a dialogue set in the Regency period in England for example I would like to use more old-fashioned spelling.

Or if there is another way to do this that I have not thought of I would be very glad for some suggestions.
You can add any Hunspell dictionary into the configuration folder:dictionaries

I just dont know where you can get English, middle or English, old dictionaries (ISO 639-2)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2018, 11:11 AM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Both Sigil and the plugins support hunspell/Myspell spellchecking dictionaries. If you have repeated needs you should create your own wordlists and process them into a hunspell dictionary.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote