Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-12-2021, 06:56 AM   #1
DDeleted
DDeleted began at the beginning.

Device: KoboAuraH2O
Kobo is detected but not mounted on Windows but it is on Linux

Hello,

I'm on a fresh clean install of Windows 10. I updated all the drivers to latest version. (Also updated to Windows 11 but the problem is still there)

My Kobo Aura H2O is detected by Windows but it's not mounted as an external USB storage (neither Calibre detects it).

On the other hand it is mounted on a live linux distro run on the same laptop and works perfectly.

What's the problem in your opinion?

Thanks
DDeleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 07:39 AM   #2
DDeleted

Also: it works fine on my second Windows 10 laptop.
Old 12-12-2021, 07:46 AM   #3
daniel_habazin
daniel_habazin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
test with another cable or another usb port, maybe try a older usb 2 port, i sometimes have problems if i use usb 3 or usb-c ports when connecting to my kobo

did you use a third party driver updater when updating drivers? don't do that, it often installs wrong drivers for your hardware.

otherwise no idea what is wrong
daniel_habazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 07:51 AM   #4
DDeleted

Unfortunately I've already tested with different cables and usb 2.0, 3.0 and C ports.
All the updates were done through Windows Update.

I have absolutely no idea what it could be. I hope somebody could help.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:23 PM   #5
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Sometimes, Windows can end up thinking a removeable drive should not have a drive letter.

If this is happening to you, you can fix it by:

To assign a letter manually or change the letter you need to perform the following steps.

Open Computer Management by Win + X > Computer Management.
Expand Storage and click Disk Management.
Right-click on the disk with no letter, and select Change Drive Letters and Paths.
Click Add, select Assign the following drive letter and select a letter of your choice.
Finally, click OK.

If the Kobo does not appear as a device in Drive management, then you have a different problem and can ignore this post.

More Details and more involved troubleshooting steps can be found here:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windo...atically-fixed
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 01:35 AM   #6
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
This is also what I am experiencing on my laptop's USB 3.0 ports. Even Calibre does not know that the libra 2 is connected via usb 3.0.

If i connect my libra 2 using my usb 2.0 port, everything is okay: kobo is detected by computer and i can use Calibre to send books.

and looking at disk management, the kobo is not detected as a drive,

I just use the usb.30 port to charge my kobo.

I wonder why this is happening.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 01:56 AM   #7
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Have a look into this thread as it seems to be the same issue and discuss several ideas.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=294677
My solution for this problem is described in #31.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2022, 04:25 AM   #8
DDeleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
Have a look into this thread as it seems to be the same issue and discuss several ideas.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=294677
My solution for this problem is described in #31.
This is the only solution that actually worked.
Windows was not able to detect the partition inside the Kobo mass storage. Those steps made Windows detect it.

Thanks!

Tags
kobo, windows 10, windows 11